What cha eating today, VSGers? - Tuesday

cappy11448
on 4/19/16 6:47 am

Hi fellow VSG'ers,

I hope you are having a good Tuesday.

In my continuing saga, I stopped the Xanax yesterday (which I was taking to help me sleep)  after realizing that one of its side effects is weight gain.  My weight was down two pounds today - clearly water weight, but its good to be going in the right direction finally.

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - crack slaw

lunch2/snack - spaghetti squash casserole or broccoli slaw

dinner - Mongolian meatballs

vitamins - like clockwork

water - good

exercise - walk, walk, walk...

How about you?  What cha eating today?

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Kris R.
on 4/19/16 6:59 am - Walworth, NY

b- yogurt

s-protein drink
l-almonds and 1/4 of bannana
s-1/2 cup chili
d-chicken breasts - grilled - maybe some spinach leaves
s-bran flakes

v-on track
e-during my daughter's soccer practice
w-good

ps.  I made this the other night - i put turkey meatballs on it - not so good, but the one with ricotta and tomatoes was yummy.

Zucchini Pizza Sticks - Low carb! Slice the zucchini in half. Slice off the bottom to keep in stable. Brush with olive oil and top with garlic or garlic powder. Top with sliced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Use mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or mixed blend.. Bake 375 for 20 to 30 minutes until soft.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 4/19/16 7:20 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Morning all! 

It's gorgeous here today.. I'd love to look into getting a bike and pedaling around, but it's hilly here and my knees aren't up for the task yet.. one day! :)

B: chike

S: chicken bone broth

L: liver and onions

D: wild boar burger

S: fage/isopure/unjury concoction

V/W: on track

E: walking

mmsmom
on 4/19/16 9:37 am - Woburn, MA

2 lbs is 2 lbs!!!  

B:  sesame bagel, cored out, toasted, with peanut butter and banana

L:  1/2 sandwich (1/4 eaten before walk and 1/4 after) leftover chicken cutlet, pepperjack cheese, 12 grain bread

D:  having leftover meatballs - and pasta for the fam

S:  animal crackers

I'm trying to lose 5 lbs before vacation.  I don't think this menu today is going to help in that but it could be worse

E:  already walked 8000+ steps

V:  good

L:  working on it

VSG on 04/28/2014

seabexlose
on 4/19/16 12:06 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Hi!  Another beautiful day here.  I got up early and got my walk done before it got too hot.  I also had my one-week follow up from surgery - all is looking good so far.  Down 11# since surgery and 30 since the beginning of the pre-op diet. 

B - Syntrax Fuzzy Navel

L- leftover potato and fennel soup with protein powder stirred in

S- Quest Banana Cream Shake

D - Tomato soup with protein powder

S - tbd

E: hr long walk

V: not until 5 wks post-op

W: good

FuturePinUp
on 4/19/16 1:45 pm

Cappy! Thank you so much about posting that Xanax tidbit! I took one last night to help me sleep and found myself 2 lbs. heavier than I've been holding the past few days. I was pretty alarmed!

As far as food goes...

Lunch - 1/4 rotisserie chicken and a few spoons of Spanish beans.

Dinner - Baked parmesan shrimp with alfredo sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. :)

Water - A-OK!

Vitamins - A-OK!

Exercise - Lots of walking, as usual!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Nicki T.
on 4/19/16 2:14 pm

I got a new spiral maker for veggies in the mail. I could not wait to make something!!

Breakfast- 2 egg white omelet with cheese

Lunch- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese with 1/4 cup bean salad (homemade)

snack- about 2 ounces of Coastal cheese....the best!!

dinner- 1/2 lean beef patty with cheese and zucchini noodles (zoodles) sautéed with garlic and butter. Added a pinch of parmesan cheese. I ate about 1/3 cup. I did not have time to look up any recipes so I thought of recipes I like to make with noodles. Not quite the same, but I am going to find some recipes and tweak them!

Anybody else use the spiralator and have a recipe to share?

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 4/19/16 3:07 pm, edited 4/19/16 8:08 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Recipes are sorted by: type of vegetable, category, protein and diet .. lots here, some need to be tweaked to be bariatric friendly

Enjoy your new toy! 

http://inspiralized.com/recipes

Most Active
Recent Topics