GASTRIC SLEEVE 1 DAY! AWAY 4/19/16

LJae H.
on 4/18/16 1:52 pm - CA
VSG on 04/19/16 with

Hello! I'm kind of new to the group, never post anything before But has been anonymously browsing the site for months now. Tomorrow 4/19/16 is my BIG! day ya-aah! and I'm so excited and nervousbut like everyone, I worked so hard to get here so I'm ready!:). I would appreciate any information to prepare me for this new journey. Like what to expect? or what do I need to take besides toiletry, gas-x and chap stick for my hospital stay? just any advice. I think reality is starting to settle in now that this is really gonna happen so I have so much mixed emotions going on right now. scared, nervous, happy, excited... the works! did anyone share any of this before surgery?

Did anyone struggle with the 48 hour liquid diet? I know some of you have done it for 2 weeks (amazing! ) I'm following to the best of my ability this is day 2 but it is difficult with such slim choices, any ideas to help me through the rest of the day? I'll post an update after surgery. Thanks in advance!

seabexlose
on 4/18/16 2:26 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Congrats on the upcoming surgery!  I just had mine on Tuesday.  I will tell you that I was really glad to have a book and my iPad.  I slept terribly in the clinic, never more than an hour at a time, and usually only about 10 minutes at a time.  I got up and walked a lot, to be sure, but still had a TON of time to kill.  I also was very happy to have my own pajamas to change into instead of the hospital gown.

Hoping for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery!

Starry Eyed
on 4/18/16 2:44 pm
VSG on 04/20/16

Congrats on your surgery tomorrow!!!  

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

Allie16
on 4/18/16 5:30 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Hi! I too am pretty new to the site. Had my surgery last Thursday. Everything went really well. I was so nervous right before but excited too. I would bring a pair of loose fitting shorts to use when you walk around, those came in really handy. I took full advantage of the pain meds and slept as much as I could knowing I needed the rest. Otherwise they provided pretty much everything else. The pain was not bad, gas not bad, just do what they ask you to do and you'll feel better for it. It feels so great to have the surgery behind you. If you are like me and a lot of others here we spent months researching, doing testing etc and then "poof" its over and you are on your way to your new life. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

And, btw, I did 2.5 weeks of the pre-op liguid diet. It was the hardest part to me. A few white knuckle days, some emotional days, but I did it. Sort of became my way of proving to myself I was ready. 48 hours-you can do it!

AMAZEBALLS
on 4/18/16 5:58 pm - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Good luck! My big day is tomorrow also!!!! I was on a 2 week liquid diet so post op diet doesn't worry me. Can't wait for it to be done 

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Jibledoe
on 4/18/16 9:27 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Congrats you'll do great I had mine 2 weeks ago and I was on a 3 week glucerna diet, tomorrow I get to have a soft poached egg and am beyond excited. Lol.

i took a lot to the hospital but in reality I used my robe, slippers and Chapstick and toiletries, I looked like death but the reality was I was in there for two days and was ready to go home and didn't care what I looked like if I wasn't walking I was sleeping, rest up and get ready for the big day! 

LJae H.
on 4/18/16 10:53 pm - CA
VSG on 04/19/16 with

Thanks everyone for replying.. I feel like all of you are family here! it's so nice to know that I'm not alone. I appreciate all the information & support because I surely will use it all and I needed those helpful tips. And congratulations to the new sleevers as well... I'll be glad when it's all behind me. I'm counting down now! and I appreciate the encouragement with the diet, I should be ashamed to complain about 48 hours diet when I compare it to some of you. Thanks again EVERYONE!!  it means a lot  will keep you posted..

cupofjavaVSG
on 4/19/16 6:56 am

Good Luck

Kathleen14
on 4/19/16 11:23 am
VSG on 04/20/16

HI! Today is your day and I hope all went smoothly! I'm sure it did. And of course a smooth recovery. Please keep us up to date...tomorrow 4/20/16 is my surgery so I'm extra interested to know your experience. I send you good thoughts and hope to keep in touch. 

Most Active
Recent Topics