What cha eating today, VSGers? - Monday

cappy11448
on 4/18/16 8:58 am

Hi All,

I hope you had a nice weekend and are enjoying this beautiful day.

I continue to be frustrated with my weight gain.  I am only eating 900 to 1100 calories a day and my weight continues to rise.  I wondered what had changed, and I realized two things.  I starting taking Xanax which helped with insomnia about 4 weeks ago, and I started drinking diet ginger ale.  So I checked on the internet and one of the side effects of Xanax is weight gain!  I am so frustrated.  I will change the meds immediately.  I can't believe I could be gaining weight on so few calories, but it looks like that is what happened.  sigh.

So Continuing on my austerity plan

Breakfast - salmon

lunch - chicken with Dijon and lime - just finishing it up - yum - my whole family liked this one.

snack - broccoli slaw

dinner - I made crack slaw, spaghetti squash casserole, Mongolian meatballs and chicken fajita toss, so I have lots of choices all good and low cal. 

vitamins - good

water - good

exercise - I already walked a mile - I may try to walk more.

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

luvmypuggies
on 4/18/16 9:28 am

Insomnia sucks!  Sorry you're suffering with that.  Melatonin (for normal sleep probs) and Lunesta (the big guns for the really bad phases) seem to work best for hubby and me, but I'm resigned to never having another really all-night deep sleep. It is what it is.

On a happier note, it IS a beautiful and warm day here in Washington state, so outdoor work is on my agenda, along with maybe a little quiet time in the sun with a good book (although with pugs around it's never truly quiet - snort, snort - lol).  I had a sliver of birthday cake last night for my dad's birthday, so being extra watchful that carb cravings don't screw up my plan today.

Breakfast - coffee (and continuing all day - prob too much)

Lunch - grilled chicken with curry sauce, will prob add a little cauliflower

Snack - 7 wasabi almonds, cheese stick

Dinner - leftover flank steak, cauliflower

Evening Snack - low-fat Greek yogurt, more nuts

Vitamins - not yet (haven't eaten and they make me queasy with no food) but ready to go

Water - good

Exercise - about to head to basement and hit the treadmill

seabexlose
on 4/18/16 2:14 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

I'm in Washington state too!  It IS glorious here today. 

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 4/18/16 9:55 am
VSG on 01/11/16

Happy Monday! 

B: java pro (caramel)

S: 1/2 cup health wise cream of chicken soup

L: scrambled egg and smoked oysters

S: 1/2 cup health wise cream of chicken soup

D: parmesan crusted tilapia, maybe some yellow squash 

S: fage/unjury/isopure concoction

V/W: on track

E: walking

seabexlose
on 4/18/16 2:21 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Sorry the scale is not cooperating with all your hard work.  All your food choices sound so delicious and I very much look forward to chewing food again in a few weeks!

Post-Op Day 7 - full liquids

B- Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel

L - Potato with Roasted Fennel Soup - So delicious and already pureed at the cafe.  I could manage about 1/4 c before I was full.

S - Quest Banana Cream shake

D - Tomato soup with some  unflavored protein powder stirred in

S- Maybe a popsicle.  It's a summer preview day here!

Planning on a walk here soon.  I'm hoping I can get an hour in.  I fell almost all the way back to normal after surgery, just a little low energy.

Nicki T.
on 4/18/16 3:41 pm

Grazed a bit yesterday....nothing bad but way more than I had planned. Work days always are easy for me so I was looking forward for the work week to begin.....bizarre!

Breakfast- I wasn't hungry but I decided to get something in me before I headed off- one egg and 1 oz steak leftover from Sunday

Lunch- small salad with homemade rice vinegar/oil/truvia dressing with blue cheese and 1 oz thinly sliced steak, few garbanzo beans 

Dinner- Half of a handmade lean cheeseburger (with diced peppers and onions) sans rolls and steamed broccoli

Trying to get back on track. I lost 2 pounds last week (Friday to Friday). None so far this week. Jeepers!!

Hope everything works out for you Carol. You have worked so hard. You will get it all figured out and be losing again soon.

cappy11448
on 4/19/16 5:30 am

Thanks for your kind words.  I stopped the Xanax yesterday, and I was down 2 pounds today.  It must be water retention, but I'm still feeling much better about my weight.  I also was able to sleep - a bit restless, but not bad.  So I'm hopeful.

I love your menu.  You are doing great.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Recent Topics