Please help, me

Jackpest
on 4/18/16 6:07 am
VSG on 04/01/16

hi im 30 years old mother of 3 ive dieted all my life thougt about vsg for a long time done a lot of my own reaserch, and decided vsg was for me,5 weeks ago i rang a sergon 2 weeks later i had the op, im now 3 weeks out and struggling so much, i was sent home with 2 pieces of paper with very little information, im in the uk and and can not seem to find any support, i come to this website for more information, but as most information is u.s based and u.s products im struggling a lot, i dont regret my decision but just need help, im getting no protine struggling with liquids, etc  

any help or support would be very much apreciated,  thank you in advance xx 

happyteacher
on 4/18/16 7:10 am

Hello!

Do you have specific questions we may help with?  Here are the general guidelines that most here follow:

1. Honor your eating plan so eary out. Most here would be on pureed food, nothing solid or requiring chewing. No seeds, nuts, popcorn- nothing that can get caught in your staple line. Minimum protein is usually 80 grams, but I did 120 grams once my stomach was healed (I am very tall though). 
  2. You will not feel restriction right now. Your vagus nerve is cut, so the "full" signal is not working. It is critical to weigh and measure your food. 2 ounces of pureeds food, yogurt, or what have you. Do not drink for at least 30 minutes after eating. 
  3. I ate a lot of greek yogurt during this time, high protein soup (no chunks), and used protein shakes. Not sure what your UK brands are for shakes, but look for high protein, low carb, and vitamin fortified. A common one here has 30g protein (whey isolate), 160 cals, 4 carb, and a slew of vitamins and minerals including iron.
  4. If you are having trouble getting liquids down try changing the temperature, such as warm tea or sugar free popsicles.
  5. Sip on water all day, except after eating. It is a full time job early out.

Good luck!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Sandra F.
on 4/19/16 5:51 am

I think everyone struggles the first month after surgery.  It will get better!  Keep your chin up and make sure you sip, sip and sip some more.  I was dehydrated in the first month which caused nausea.  Good luck to you.

Jackpest
on 4/19/16 7:32 am
VSG on 04/01/16

Thanks so much for the replies, its not  1 problem its just a few diffrent things, since my surgery i have had a maximum of 20g of protein a day i have spent a fortune trying different shakes etc but non agree, i am soooooo hungry all the time it is like torture preparing tea everynight for my family, i am struggling to get thru the day due to energy, i have a 8 month old *****quires a lot of attention and i dont even have the energy to lift my arms, i feel like im going to cal-apse everyday, i am taking all my vitamins and others, but i just need another way to get protein in, is there any type of protine pills i can take? Maybe it will get easier when i can eat protein bars etc, will i be o****ill then on such little protine??  

I have told only close family about my surgery and so its even harder looking for support, i wish i had someone to talk to who has been thru the same, Thankyou all so much for your help this websit is great and really dont no were i would have terned without it, xx

FuturePinUp
on 4/20/16 7:30 am

Without getting more protein, you will NOT feel any better. The more protein you eat, the faster you will feel better and gain energy. 20 grams is way, waaaay too low. Even this early on, you should be getting 60g a day. 

What is your plan like? Are you allowed mushy foods? Liquids? Once you are moved to soft solids, you will find it becomes a LOT easier to get protein from food alone (such as eggs, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc). 

Also, the hunger you are experiencing sounds like head hunger. Have you been put on a acid reducer/supressant? 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active
Recent Topics