GOING TO NEED A PUSH

JP807
on 4/17/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

Hello all,

Anxiety getting high - realizing the week is here and I feel as if I am prepared but not - I guess until I pack up.  Have not told any family yet, but the email and follow up by phone calls will be made of course.  My kids just know Dad is going on a business trip - why should 8 year olds worry!  Well Thursday is the dance and I am going to need all the motivation and push from anywhere I will take it.  My mind is reeling if this was the best decision for me!   Any advice is welcome.

Thank you all for making this a great experience and tool for me during this time.  I do not or would not have really talked to many people about it - not my style - just wanted to say Thanks in advance 

down 22 pre op heading for Thursday pushing 25! 

seabexlose
on 4/17/16 10:05 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

You'll do great! 

kyzze
on 4/17/16 11:46 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Everything will be fine, just do it you won't regret it. Wish you the best!

Kyzze

Starry Eyed
on 4/18/16 2:25 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Hi!  Not sure how to calm the anxiety except to try and distract yourself by keeping busy.  I spent the day yesterday cleaning and it helped a lot, plus I count it as physical activity.  Something else is that I have yet to hear of someone who totally regrets the decision to have surgery, even those that go through a rough patch.  So, just remind yourself that this is the start of a new and much better quality of life!  

Best of luck to you and wishing you much success and happiness on your journey!

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

luvmypuggies
on 4/18/16 9:08 am

I had more anxiety about telling my parents than about the actual surgery (and I'm 52 - you'd think I'd be past the "make parents proud" thing by now!). Kept me awake at night for weeks! :)  Maybe getting any needed pre-surgery notifications out of the way would relieve your mind a bit.

Read as much as you can about the surgery and post-op world - I find that knowledge is a great relaxer. If you understand what's going to happen and what you need to do, that seems to help.  Your anxiety is totally normal and most of us go through it. Other than that, be prepared to do your part but then let the medical folks do their parts.

You'll do great, and before you know it you'll be on the loser's bench with the rest of us, improving your health and wellness, and kicking butt with the weight loss! 

Most Active
Recent Topics