what cha eating today, VSGers? - Saturday

cappy11448
on 4/16/16 1:54 pm

Hi All,

I went out for lunch with my son and grandkids.  I had fish and chips, going light on the chips, but it was still a lot more calories than I should have had.  Sigh - tomorrow is another day...

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - fish and chips

Dinner - pulled pork and broccoli slaw

vitamins - good

water - good

exercise - I did a lot of housework and cooking... but no real exercise

If I can go without a snack, i'll still be on plan for the day.

How about you?  What cha eating today?

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Nicki T.
on 4/16/16 3:57 pm

Today was a TOUGH one. After funeral reception. So much FOOD!!!!! But I think I did pretty good.

breakfast- 2 egg whites with 1/2 am cheese and 1 THIN bacon strip(omelet style)

Lunch----uh-oh- My plate was full but mainly tossed salad (that is what I brought knowing I could eat it), cheese, strips of deli meat. I stayed completely away from the dessert table but the table I was sitting at was the closest to it and I could smell absolutely everything on the table. TORTURE!

Snack- I know.....really??? cheese stick...emotional day

Dinner- chicken breast with salsa

Sticking with my carb free diet is much easier than I thought. I am very seldom hungry and the cravings have completely disappeared.

I love to read what others are eating so I thought I would chime in.

TOBYSGIRL
on 4/16/16 6:47 pm
VSG on 04/01/16

Breakfast - 1/2 Premier Protein shake with Kefir

Lunch - Cottage and ricotta cheese mixed with tomato sauce and ground turkey (my version of low carb lasagna blended with bone broth to make it soupy)

Dinner - Same as lunch

Snacks -    1/2 Premier Protein shake, 1/2 protein bar

seabexlose
on 4/16/16 8:51 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Day 1 Full Liquids

B - Unjury Chocolate Splendor mixed with milk.  I didn't love milk prior to surgery and it really didn't agree with me post-op.  Threw half away. 

L- 1/2 c. Tomato Soup

S - 2/3 Chocolate Premier Protein

D - went to dinner with my family at Olive Garden...had about 1/2 c broth only from the minestrone soup and Quest Banana Cream protein shake mixed with water (YUM!)  I had purchased a sample size before dinner at Vitamin Shoppe and went right back after dinner to buy the giant tub of it.  A nice change from the tons of premier I've been drinking.  I never thought I'd tire of chocolate...

E - Walk cut short thanks to my system finally regulating itself, had to turn back early!  Also went to the park with my son...such a beautiful day here.

P goode
on 4/17/16 8:54 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

So you were just sleeved 4 days ago? Awesome to hear you even felt like going out at all? I'm banking on that cause I have only planned 5 days off then half shifts for the first few days back to work.  I am glad to hear vitamin shop has sample sizes. Going there today.  My hubby and I were discussing protein drinks because I hate almost all of them except Atkins and those don't have much protien. I'm fortunate - my surgeon is only making me do 1 week preoperative diet. He didn't feel the 3 weeks were necessary. Not entirely sure why but it's my 2nd procedure. He took my lap band out 4 yrs ago but 50 lbs has crept back on so here we go on another weight loss journey.  I read a post of yours about not having food to comfort you and an eventual meltdown. I experienced it before as well- for me it felt like being all alone adrift an a raft in the middle of the ocean. Such a strange feeling of emotional isolation - it was surreal and at that point realized I had used food to cope since childhood before I can even remember.  The suggestions of a hot bath or a walk seem to be the best 2 for me, but even so those 50 crept on..still learning! Good luck and keep up the good work

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

seabexlose
on 4/17/16 2:50 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Yeah, I had my sleeve on Tuesday.  I really only needed pain medication for a few days and am now not even taking Tylenol.  I feel almost 100% back to normal.

The variation in pre and post op requirements is so interesting between surgeons.  Obviously they all have their reasons for why they prescribe what they do, but I think it goes to show how relatively new all this is in terms of deciding what is best practice.  That's nice you are only required to do a week. 

Hope you found a few shakes to try that you can tolerate at the Vitamin Shoppe!  I also bought the Syntrax Fuzzy Navel...it's okay, kind of a nice change from the creamier shakes.

Good luck to you as well - is the date set yet for your surgery?

P goode
on 4/17/16 4:06 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

Yes my surgery will be 5-11.  I hope to do as well!

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Most Active
Recent Topics