VITAMINS?!?

ksflwr
on 4/14/16 2:32 pm

I can't chew the Bariatric Advantage vitamins, they make me gag, too, but I let them just dissolve in my mouth-I can handle them fine that way.  I take two a day, but not at the same time. My doctor started me on them beginning week 3 post-op.

My sleeve was 01/27/16 at Ft Smith, Arkansas.  No problems at all and I'm 75½-and feel great.

chaplainJess
on 4/19/16 1:00 pm

my nutritionist gave me several samples to try.  Some I liked, others made me sick. She only recomends the chewables for a short time post-op, I don't remember how long. She made a good point that the chewables are too much like candy. She doesn't want us to associate candy/sugary sweet/ artifical colors ect. with health. We can't let ourselves think that candy = vitamins.

At first I didn't think it was a big deal. I'm an adult and can tell the difference between junk food and chewable vitamins.   Two weeks later I caught myself thinking, "I'll have my Vit D chew after dinner, so I can finish my meal with something sweet." Then I starting wanting to eat more than the recomended dose because I wanted the sugar. They were the only sweet thing in my house and I wanted that sugar! I even googled "can you OD on VIT D?"! I pitched the chews and got regular pills.

I know that I will need the chews for several weeks post op. I'm thinking of getting the kind that taste bad just to avoid the "candy is good for you" mentality.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/20 12:15 am, edited 3/30/20 7:01 pm

Hi there, girls! I would like to get some recommendations about vitamins and supplements here. I think I need to take some too. I often get info about different medicine from Canada Drugs by the way. have a look there too, maybe you will find that info helpful to you too ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics