1 year 7 months post op!! I can't believe it!!

Chrissy42414
on 4/12/16 11:12 am

Hi Everyone! It's been a REALLY long time since I have posted something here but I read ALOT of posts and thank everyone for all the priceless advice and support this forum has provided for me these past two years.  My highest weight was 312 (I am 41 years old and my height is 5'6") and I weighed in this morning at 208.  I still have at least another 25 lbs. I want to lose (I am confident I will get there) but I am really happy with the results thus far.  I went from a tight size 24 to a size 12-14 (the last time I was this size was in the 8th grade!!!!).  As many people say on this forum, having this surgery was the best decision I have ever made in my life!!!  It took me at least five years to make the decision to have the surgery but I am glad I took the time to be fully prepared.  I have had a therapist for the last three years which has helped me immensely.  My therapist does not specialize in eating disorders or food issues but I feel very comfortable talking to her and she helps me look at things in a way that I may not have thought of.  For anyone considering the VSG, my advice is find a good surgeon and follow their rules, make this decision on your own without the positive or negative influences of others, and know that this is not going to be easy but it is definitely going to be worth it!  I haven't been anywhere near perfect in this process but I educated myself on the surgery and nutrition and try hard everyday to make the best decisions.  I have had a ton of NSV's with the best one being totally off all of my diabetes meds since the day before surgery and my sugar levels have been in the normal range now for over a year!!!  Other awesome NSV's include going on amusement park rides with my daughter and not worrying about not being able to fit in the seat, shopping for clothes and shoes in any store I want, my confidence level at work and my personal life is through the roof, walking up three flights of stairs and not being even slightly out of breath,  having the energy and courage to start my own Brownie Girl Scout troop with my daughter, and my neighbors not recognizing me and thinking someone new has moved into the neighborhood! Lol!  I love all the compliments but sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable.  For the most part, everyone in my life including friends, family and coworkers have been supportive of me in this journey but I've had to tolerate some weird comments here and there.  I started the Couch to 5K program last September and was doing great for a while but I have been slacking with this in recent months.  I am disappointed in myself with this and really hope I can get back into it ASAP!!  I see how easy it is to eat large amounts of junk food and I am terrified of gaining weight back but I have identified my trigger foods and make sure none of them are in my house EVER!!  I was a big foodie before the surgery and since after the surgery you have to be more creative with your food I'm even a bigger foodie now.  I love trying new healthy recipes and sharing them with my friends and family including zucchini noodles with garlic shrimp; kale, pepper and grilled chicken stir fry over cauliflower rice; spinach, walnut, strawberry and feta salad; and frozen Greek yogurt bars.  I know this is a life-long process and I am so thankful for this wonderful tool that is helping me with my life-long fight to overcome obesity.  Thank you again to everyone in the OH family!  I wish all the veterans continued success and all the newbies the courage and strength to change their lives! Oh take a look at my after pic.....another NSV...I was never able to wear those fancy shoes that have the strap around the ankle and now I can and I love it!!!

!!

rhudson
on 4/12/16 11:17 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

What a transformation!  Congratulations.  

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

Chrissy42414
on 4/15/16 11:07 am

Thank you!! Congratulations to you as well!!

Lululu
on 4/12/16 11:59 am
VSG on 03/27/16

Woooooooow you look awesome. 

Chrissy42414
on 4/15/16 11:07 am

Thank you so much!!

Anita
on 4/12/16 12:06 pm

Your post is very inspirational.....thank you! Your photos......WOW.......and a big THANK YOU............my surgery is scheduled for June 6 and it's information about experiences like yours that make me feel even more comfortable with my decision.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Chrissy42414
on 4/15/16 11:09 am

Thank you!!  I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery! 

Pookie01
on 4/12/16 12:25 pm

You look great congratulations.   Your post and pictures wer what I needed today as I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning and am a bit anxious. 

Judy  5'5"  HW 298  SW 270

Chrissy42414
on 4/15/16 11:13 am

Thank you!! How are you making out post-op?

ARG_3_9_2012
on 4/12/16 1:49 pm

WOW !!!! You look amazing !!!! Keep up the good work and when you feel that you are losing track just remeber that this surgery changed your life for good and that you have to keep it that way. I'm proud of you for the big desition you made on having WLS. Is not easy to go day by day without cravings. Wishing you the best on your new journey :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics