Mini or Notes Sleeve

Giggles7840
on 4/12/16 12:30 am
VSG on 05/19/16

I'm looking at having what's called the mini or notes sleeve procedure with Dr. Todd McCarty where he pulls the stomach out through your mouth. He seems like a good doc. Has anyone had the procedure... Not the traditional one. I'm looking for post op expectations/experiences.

Thanks!

Hopefullme
on 4/12/16 1:36 pm
VSG on 04/12/16

I am schedule to have the mini sleeve with dr Mccarty tomorrow and would also like to here from anyone who had it done

Giggles7840
on 4/13/16 6:41 am
VSG on 05/19/16

Awesome. Will you let me know how it goes? I have to setup my EGD and he has to talk with my therapist. Then we can set up the surgery date.  I'm really excited to hear how the pain is since this is supposed to be less invasive than the full one.  I had lapband back in 2004 and am curious to compare the 2 since they both were short procedures with no overnight stay and in theory back to work after a long weekend.

L. 68
on 4/12/16 2:44 pm

Never heard of it.  What are the benfits if any?

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

cheyenne000
on 4/12/16 3:19 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

I haven't heard of it either, I would like to see how they suture the stomach line rom the inside.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

emelar
on 4/12/16 3:45 pm - TX

Here's the link to the description of the procedure.  I can't quite figure out how they do the stapling or how they pull the cut part of the stomach out through your mouth, but that appears to be what happens.

http://www.mccartyweightloss.com/weight-loss-surgeries/mccar ty-mini-sleeve/

You may want to look Dr. McCarty up on the Texas Medical Board website and check the status of his licensing.  There's information there that may concern you...or not....but you should be aware.

Giggles7840
on 4/13/16 6:54 am
VSG on 05/19/16

DUDE! Good call. Will send this to my therapist and flat out ask them about this.....

Grim_Traveller
on 4/12/16 4:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

There have been a number of other alternative procedures in the past. None of them are still done, for good reason. So, sp many people that had them later regretted it.

There are great, tried and true surgeries out there. Please reconsider doing something like this. I wouldn't care to be a guinea pig for something like this.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Hislady
on 4/12/16 5:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

I totally agree with Grimm there are totally successful surgeries out there why in the world go for something so new and with very little experience? I was fool enough to believe what the info was on the lapband when it first came out and it has been the biggest regret of my life. I have permanent stomach damage and it makes everyday miserable.

If there is any question as to the validity of this man's licence I would run so fast you would never see me go by!!! Please be very careful you only have one stomach and one life don't risk either of them!

Giggles7840
on 4/13/16 6:48 am
VSG on 05/19/16

For those who haven't heard of it here is a link to his webinars....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQzGXHGHWu_ftJaG1cjXlVg

These talk about how he does it and why he does it this way.  Short story, only 2 incisions, doesn't have to go through the ab muscles, he uses staples and extra reinforcement strips so that his leak rate is practically 0, if i remember correctly...and he has created a device to protect the esophagus so he doesn't accidentally nick anything when pulling out the stomach through the mouth. Day surgery on Friday, back to work on Monday... Now they said that when i had the band put in back in 04 but it took me a full week before i could get through an entire workday with that. Also, the port pain lasted over a month so i'm curious with this one to see what the pain is going to be like.

Most Active
Recent Topics