Sneaky technique??

Amy R.
on 4/7/16 10:44 pm

You DO realize that with your recent posting history many member here think you are a troll, right?

For your own safety and well being  I hope to God you are. 

For the sake of discussion though , let's assume you're for real.  Highly  immature, likely underage and completely unqualified to have a life-altering surgery like this one - but real.   Get some help.  IRL HELP.   Now, before  you kill yourself or do irreparable damage to your digestive system and your overall health.

No one on an internet forum can give you the kind of assistance that you so desperately need.

Laura in Texas
on 4/8/16 6:09 am

OMG!! This was so well-said. I hope if the OP is really having all of these issues that she posts about, she does seek help before she ends up killing herself.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/8/16 8:07 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Spot on Amy!  

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/8/16 10:11 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On April 8, 2016 at 5:44 AM Pacific Time, Amy R. wrote:

You DO realize that with your recent posting history many member here think you are a troll, right?

For your own safety and well being  I hope to God you are. 

For the sake of discussion though , let's assume you're for real.  Highly  immature, likely underage and completely unqualified to have a life-altering surgery like this one - but real.   Get some help.  IRL HELP.   Now, before  you kill yourself or do irreparable damage to your digestive system and your overall health.

No one on an internet forum can give you the kind of assistance that you so desperately need.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

MissNexxie
on 4/8/16 5:16 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Excellent response, Amy. Thank you. I'd posted a response along the same lines but much less articulate and deleted it as it was in no way supportive. Kind of a "WTF are you doing?!" answer because I was so upset at this person's posts. I hope to goodness it's a troll. Otherwise this will not turn out well for him/her.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Lindseydean1992
on 4/13/16 12:58 pm

I am very offended by this. I have already stopped this after I found out that that will lead to some very harmful effects. Also I am NOT a troll, I am extremely serious about wanting to lose my weight and I am already stressed out as it is not losing anything right now because though I am eating right my body is in starvation mode. I was very serious and a simple "No don't do that. It's dangerous and here's why........." would have been sufficient. Do not call me underage or immature, I did not know! Good day to you!

Amy R.
on 4/13/16 8:28 pm

Gee.  I'm sorry.  You MUST be extremely offended since it took you almost a week to even respond to my post.

Get help.  Or block me.  Or both.  But don't make the mistake of telling others how to post feedback to your ridiculous, inane, scary and yes, immature questions.

You are young. I see from your posting history that you are 23.  Handholding and "there-there's" aren't going to help you.  I can assure  you that I wouldn't have taken the time to reply if your situation didn't seem so dire.  Truthfully?  I really do want you to be ok.  Better than ok.  But you need to educate yourself and quickly. 

Asking questions here is fine, and better than not getting any input at all.  But honestly, you will end up much better off if you stop what you're doing and study  your surgery and what it did to your body.  And what you can do to not only help yourself succeed but to keep yourself alive. 

This is not a joke.  You have decades ahead of you (I hope).  Do what you need to do to understand how to make this work so that you won't continue harmful behaviors.  Regain happens, which is bad.  But serious, life threatening things can happen too and you must take control of your self care so that you live through this. 

amy

Lindseydean1992
on 4/14/16 5:47 pm

1st off I haven't had internet access until yesterday. And I am reading more and more about my surgery and what to expect and I am getting more and more educated. That sarcastic comment was very uncalled for. Also judging by your attitude and the fact that you have Happy Bunny as your icon indicates that you aren't too much older than I am.

ladygodiva1228
on 4/15/16 8:51 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On April 15, 2016 at 12:47 AM Pacific Time, Lindseydean1992 wrote:

1st off I haven't had internet access until yesterday. And I am reading more and more about my surgery and what to expect and I am getting more and more educated. That sarcastic comment was very uncalled for. Also judging by your attitude and the fact that you have Happy Bunny as your icon indicates that you aren't too much older than I am.

You should have been well educated and knew what to expect before you even had surgery.  It appears you either were not told or just didn't listen.

From reading your posting history it almost sounds like you think having WLS is going to be some magic pill.  You talk about wanting to look great in a bikini and don't want flabby skin.  How you cheated on your pre-op diet. 

I hate to tell you, but you are going to be in for a big surprise when you don't lose the weight you want and your skin doesn't become perfect. 

Did you ever even try to lose weight on your own or did you just jump on getting WLS because your mother did?

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Lindseydean1992
on 4/19/16 1:28 pm

Nope, I knew I have to work with it which I am. I was stalling for a while and now I am back on track losing a little at a time. There is no such thing as a "magic" weight loss thing, I know that.

Most Active
Recent Topics