Sneaky technique??

Lindseydean1992
on 4/7/16 5:38 pm

I tried something new today that I need ya'lls opinion on. Im 2 weeks post op and I still get a sweet tooth. So what do I do? I take a bite of some forbidden stuff only I never swallow it. I savor it all in my mouth and then when the flavor fades then I spit it out and rinse my mouth out avoiding swallowing any bits whatsoever. Bending over a trash can and seeing my chewed food nauseates me anyway. What do you guys think? Is that ok or is there some risk?

Laura in Texas
on 4/7/16 5:59 pm

It's an eating disorder called "chewing and spitting". Google it for lots of articles on the subject.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lindseydean1992
on 4/7/16 6:10 pm

I had no idea that was an eating disorder

MissNexxie
on 4/7/16 6:25 pm
VSG on 04/30/14
MissNexxie
on 4/7/16 6:39 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Deleted my post on purpose. Probably too harsh and you will hopefully find others who will be more gentle.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Lindseydean1992
on 4/13/16 1:03 pm

I did not see what you posted but thank you for being considerate and deleting it before I did see it. I have stopped doing this technique after I read that it was bad. Somebody else posted something offensive on this topic and It made me feel like the worse person. Calling me a troll and underaged and immature. I am very serious about my weight loss and doing good after my surgery (nearly 3 weeks post op) and if I am doing something wrong I want people to be mature about telling me about it. Once again thanks, truly.

MissNexxie
on 4/13/16 3:57 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Lindsey, I'm happy to hear you stopped that habit.  This journey can be very challenging and letting go of old demons/cravings/triggers is not easy.  The saying "they only operated on your stomach, not your head" is so true.  The best thing I can tell you is to throw yourself into this new way of life and follow it to a T.  Turn yourself towards what the sleeve can do for you.  Feed it lots of protein, chew slowly, get in some veggies, measure your food, drink all your water and log everything.You will be amazed at how well your body responds.  The first year will be full of so much change it will be mind blowing.  And it does continue.

when a craving for something really bad hits (cake, cookies, ice cream, potato chips, etc - you know which stuff I mean) think about how you felt the day you decided to pursue this procedure.  What did you feel like after eating that stuff, how did you feel when you tried to walk, take stairs, get in and out of the car, try on clothes? What drove you to read up on this and make the call?  don't walk back in that direction.  Walk towards the new you, how good it feels for your clothes to get bigger, to feel fuller faster, to feel lighter in both mind and body.  And use that as your crutch, your strength.  I said to myself, "Don't let the cheesecake win again" and that helped me immensely.  Maybe something like that will work for you.

You have youth on your side and if you work this plan and let it work for you you have an AMAZING huge future in front of you, free of the chains of obesity.  There's nothing that outshines that or tastes better than that. Good luck, girl.  You CAN do this.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Lindseydean1992
on 4/13/16 5:01 pm

You are so sweet :) I love your advice and it's nice posts like these that make me want to work even harder!! Thank you entirely for your support!!!! I will do my best!!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/7/16 6:42 pm

The internet has lots to offer if you search: technique+spit it out.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Grim_Traveller
on 4/7/16 10:31 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

OMG! I just did that search because it seemed like a great diet plan -- but you wouldn't BELIEVE what that search turned up! Although, I suppose, it also saves calories.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics