1 Year Anniversary = Discouraged

hollykim
on 4/7/16 12:12 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM Pacific Time, Jaime S. wrote:

Sure thing!! First off its Jaime but this sight was being picky with my name..  My daily food.. Yogurt or oat meal every morning at 5 am.. Large coffee (24oz) with a fat free flavored creamer.  A handful of mixed nuts at about 10 to 1030 to hold me over until 12 and then usually my lunch is salad with chicken and beans (1 cup) or sandwich meat and cheese approximately 3 slices. Then I don't eat until dinner which is anywhere from 5 to 7 at night and dinner all depends but I make sure I use a small plate and/or a small bowl. I do have a terrible time drinking enough water I force myself daily to drink at least 40 oz not including coffee.  I know that my down fall is having a ****tail here and there probably 3 times a week. I have gained 10 pounds over the last 2 months and I know that isnt huge however it is when weight is a constant struggle. 

it is the carbs making you gain,esp the liquor.

carbs turn into sugar very quickly in the body. As long as the body has sugar to burn for fuel, it won't break sugar as down and burn stored fat for fuel. 

I bet if you stop the oatmeal, beans and the liquor , which is pure sugar, you will still lose. 

Eat meat, eggs and cheese and more meat.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/7/16 12:27 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

By the one-year mark, most people's sleeves have relaxed and allow them to eat more food. If you're eating things other than dense protein (i.e. carbs), you can eat more since they don't stick around in your stomach as long. I can eat a full bowl of cereal with no trouble, but 2.5oz of chicken has me completely stuffed.

Exercise is great, but it can't make up for a bad diet. Weigh and measure everything you eat, and track it somewhere like MyFitnessPal. 600 - 800 calories, < 40g carbs, 60 - 80+ g protein. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

acbbrown
on 4/7/16 12:28 pm - Granada Hills, CA

It's never too late to turn things around. I had to gain 90 lbs post surgery to "get it" - I've managed to lose 50 and counting at 4.5-5yrs out. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Luvmygs
on 4/10/16 10:57 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Those dang slider foods will get us every time! Go back to the basics, protein first. Works every time. I also agree with "luvmypuggies" and start tracking again. It really keeps us on track. I eat 3 meals a day with 1 snack, drink 60-62 oz of water daily and staying within 64 grams of protein. What really helps me is planning my meals in advance. Keeps me on track. Good luck.

krupkina
on 4/12/16 10:21 am

Also, as for the fat free creamer.  I've given those up too and now use coconut almond milk in my coffee with a bit of splenda.  It adds the flavor but not all of the carbs/junk of the artificial creamers.  Just a thought.  I've also use a premier protein shake as the cream in my coffee which works well.   Just ideas to help you with the coffee.....since i completely understand.  I loved my creamers but found myself stalled and not losing when I used them.  Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics