3 1/2 Wks Post Op/Sleeve - HUNGRY!

LisaP2016
on 4/6/16 4:52 pm
VSG on 03/14/16

I was sleeved on 3/14/16 and wasn't hungry at all the first 2 weeks....now I'm 3 1/2 weeks out I'm SOOOO hungry! I'm able to eat about 1/4 cup at a time...and I've been really good about making sure to get the protein in...I'm getting about 60 grams of protein..I was less hungry on the pre-op diet!  Is this normal? how long does it last? 

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/6/16 5:09 pm, edited 4/6/16 10:09 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm at 4 1/2 weeks.  I can eat 2-3oz of something depending on what it is.  Today for lunch I had 2.5oz of chicken salad which took me about 20mins to eat while chatting.  I was nice and full and didn't feel like it was snack time when the clock came but I had a light 3/4oz meat stick to help boost protien.  So it's dinner time now and I could be hungry, mostly cause I keep smelling the ricotta bake in the oven.  

So the question is: what's in your 1/4 cup? Maybe I (we) can help you with some ideas that keep us full.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

LisaP2016
on 4/6/16 5:18 pm
VSG on 03/14/16

1/4 cup of solid albacore & 1 tbls of mayo.....I can eat 1 hard boiled egg all mashed up.....I've tried 1/4 mashed potatoes..oatmeal...1/4 cup of bean/bacon soup...1 stick string cheese...of course not all at the same time....I've also done chicken with some avocado....I feel full when I'm done...I set my timer so that I wait the 30 mins before I drink my water...and seems like I'm hungry again. and I lost 12lbs in the first 2 weeks & nothing so far this week.....really trying not to freak out or get upset..but it's frustrating.

luvmypuggies
on 4/6/16 6:11 pm

Too much acid can mimic hunger signals.  Are you on a PPI? Most people go home with a prescription for one because this is so common.  Your tummy probably isn't capable of sending legit hunger signals yet, so my guess would be the acid issue.  Check with your doc and see if you need a PPI or maybe a different one.  Good luck!

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/6/16 6:24 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Agree with the above comment take your pepside don't be afraid to add a tums if needed.  So your fish, chicken, cheese sticks, all good.  I had the bean and bacon soup and then looked at the can when I put it in my fitness pal and the carbs were too high for my liking.  I don't do potatoes or breakfast cereals cause of the carbs too.

I'llgive you some of the things that have really filled me up at 2-3oz (2oz = 1/4 cup).  I can normally only have 2ounces at a time or if I'm puttering a bit more.  

Freshly baked salmon medium rare (the way I like it)

Ricotta Bake from eggface (I added hamburger today and my husband is in love with it)

1-2oz of deli turkey with cheese stick

chicken salad that I added a little yogurt to to thin and then I hit it with the chopper

chicken theighs in crockpot 

beef jerky jacks links tender bites 1oz and I'm stuffed for a hardy snack

1 scrambled egg with little bit of cheese is very filling

See if some of those help, the above items are ones that filled me up a long while, maybe too long cause when snack time came I was like... What?  I'm going to bet your not hungry if you eating things like above but maybe your PPI is outa order, try some tums when you feel hungry directly after just to test it.  1 tums for me is enough if necessary :-)  Keep us posted 

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/6/16 6:26 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Oh hey don't worry about the weight mine did something really similar.  It sucks but you'll be over this "wall" in no time.  My Nut and I just met last night and she said each time we go up a stage in food a short wall is typical.  Crazy body has to adjust to everything lol

Kris R.
on 4/7/16 5:50 am - Walworth, NY

Hi,

I had the same issue - another person posted - drink a protein shake over 2 hours.  that was all I needed.  I took a sip every 15 minutes to break the cycle and I was back on track.  Give it a try.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/7/16 11:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

If you're taking a PPI, it may not be working for you.  Stomach acid mimics humger pangs.  If you're taking one, call your doctor and ask for a prescription for a different PPI.  If you're not taking one, start.

Dehydration can also make you think you're hungry.  Are you drinking plenty of fluids?  When you feel hungry, drink water and see if that calms the storm.  

At 3-1/2 weeks post op, the nerves in your stomach are still healing and you won't feel full restriction.  Be careful to only eat what your plans recommends.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics