14 weeks out, stall or at goal weight?

camel589
on 4/5/16 8:27 am

Surgery 12/28

HW:292

SW: 250

CW: 197

The past 3 months have been a whirlwind. All positive experiences, with relatively no troubles per se. For the past three weeks the scale hasn't moved. Food has been tracked daily with no major changes or nutrient upticks. Still around 800 - 900 cal, 85 g protein per day.  I was just curious if anyone thinks this is just a stall or I reached what my body thinks is goal weight.  Honestly I was hoping for a few more lbs to come off, but very happy with the results so far.

Thanks for any input!

HW: 292 August 2015

SW: 250 Dec 28 2015

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/5/16 9:21 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Have you tracked your measurements too?, not everything will be reflected in the scale. Did you start or change your exercise routine? It could be that your body is holding onto water weight. Sadly weight loss does slow down the closer you get to goal, so your body might be taking a little break, eventually it'll let the weight go.

Be careful that you haven't stumbled into maintenance, you might have to change up the numbers to get the scale moving again.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 10:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

How long have you gone without a change in weight? It's absolutely common to have periods of a week or two where you don't lose.

Your "goal" is where you want to be, NOT where you stop losing with your current food/exercise/etc. routine.

Most people are at 600 - 800 cal during the loss phase. 1000ish is what many people eat at maintenance with a weight of 140 - 150lb, so it's possible you're eating too much.

Weigh, measure, log, be honest, and be patient.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Neesie57
on 4/5/16 11:12 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm within 15 pounds of goal, and my loss is much slower now.  For a month I went up and down with the same 3 pounds, but now that cycle has broken and I've lost 5 pounds over the last week.  

What I'm saying is, wait for a while before starting your maintenance program.  You may suddenly lose more weight without changing anything you're doing now.  Keep good records of what you're eating, and change as necessary.  

Good luck!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

NYMom222
on 4/5/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Stalls happen even when we are doing the 'right' things. I can't imagine 3 months out from surgery, you are done. You are only done if you want to be done. There is a constant re-evaluating of what we are doing, sometimes we are letting things slip and don't realize it...sometimes we evaluate and it really is just a stall. Stick with it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

camel589
on 4/5/16 4:50 pm

I am pretty much sticking to the prescribed plan for serving sizes, calories and protein.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/MediaLibraries/URMCMedia/hh/s ervices-centers/bariatrics/documents/Bariatric_Meal_Plan_3M- 6M.pdf

If anything I find comfort in a routine and do not get bored that easy. I was just looking for input and feedback and this board is great for that with seasoned experts that have seen it all. Thanks for the comments!

HW: 292 August 2015

SW: 250 Dec 28 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics