Scale not moving

SSwan_TO
on 4/5/16 5:12 am

Hi all - I am almost 3 weeks post op, having had a sleeve gastrectomy done in Mexico.  I started out with a good weight loss, having lost 17 lbs from my all time high and 12 since surgery.  But the scale has not budged in a week.  I started pureed foods two days ago, and my calories have been in the 500 range on a daily basis.  Out of desperation I started working out early and spent 1.5 hours at the gym yesterday.  Scale still didn't move.  I am really scared that I have spent all this money for nothing.  Has anyone had a problem losing weight this early on?  The dietician at the clinic just told me to relax.  This was my last hope, and it put me into significant debt, so its hard to just "relax".

Bufflehead
on 4/5/16 5:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Virtually everyone hits a stall at three weeks out. If you don't believe me, just google something like "weight loss surgery three week stall" or "vertical sleeve gastrectomy third week stall." You are not doing anything wrong other than stepping on the scale too much and letting it freak you out. Stay away from the scale for a few weeks and keep following your program. You will be fine.

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/16 5:29 am

Bufflehead told it like it is. Almost everyone goes through this. Just relax, hang in there and follow the program. It will happen. It is faster for some than others but it will happen. Good luck

Dsmgold
on 4/5/16 6:27 am
VSG on 03/01/16

I'm there with you brother. 

I had my surgery on March 1st. Last Tuesday I weighed in and only lost 4 pounds from the previous week and then today, I am actually up 1.5 pounds from last week.  So, based upon what I have read here on the boards, I am in the middle of my 3 week stall. 

It's a little disheartening because I so wanted to be below the 250 mark before this happened.  But I am uplifted knowing that this is just due to my body re-settling after the first 50 pounds of weight loss.

Keep a good attitude and keep up with your eating plan.

I notice you said you had surgery in Mexico.  Did they provide you with an eating plan?

Peace, Charlie

HW: 323   SW 308   CW 249.2   Goal Weight 200. 

My surgery was on 03.01.2016 with surgeon Mark Smilik, M.D. in West Des Moines, Iowa

SSwan_TO
on 4/5/16 11:37 am

You lost 50 lbs in three weeks?  I'm impressed.  

Pianolover
on 4/5/16 8:02 am

Follow the plan, stay off the scale, and like the dietician said...relax! It is the 3 week stall, and happens to EVERYONE.

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

Most Active
Recent Topics