sleeved, pregnant, and hungry

traumajunkie
on 4/4/16 5:05 pm

sleeved March 2015. Lost 80 lbs. pre pregnancy weight was 130lbs. I am almost 12 weeks and feel like I could eat everything in sight. OB doc advised to stop exercise until thru first trimester. I have gained about 10lbs already. Boy the pregnancy fatigue hit me super hard. I am not a nap per but that's all I get done these days. No morning sickness at all. Just a little unsettled feeling first thing in morning so I eat something first thing. 

But........... I feel so hungry all of the time. Pre pregnancy I had the whole head hunger down but not anymore. I hope to get out of this with gaining no more than 30 lbs. I need lots of positive vibes sent my way. I am struggling. Blessed that god chose me to be a mommy at 41 years old. Yes, this was way unplanned. Havent been on birth control in 12 years. Honestly, we didn't think we needed it. Our daughter is almost 17 years old. 

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated 

Arjeffries
on 4/4/16 5:07 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

Congratulations on the unexpected blessing. 

traumajunkie
on 4/4/16 5:54 pm

Thank you for your kind word.

Kris R.
on 4/5/16 6:45 am - Walworth, NY

I would probably call my doctors office - maybe meet with the nutritionist and see what they can offer.  Congrads on being pregnant. 

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

traumajunkie
on 4/5/16 2:04 pm

I am meeting with my OB nutritionist monthly. Considering on moving it to every two weeks for a couple of months. Thanks for taking the time to reply. ?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 1:29 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I was in a VERY similar spot during the first trimester. I never barfed, but I was queasy all day long and carbs were the only thing I could handle. I clamped down some after the end of the first tri, though I especially threw up my hands and said "fuck it all" and ate whatever I wanted towards the end. I ended up gaining about 40 by the time I went into labor, which was more than I hoped for, but my own damn fault.

My son was born on Halloween, so I've got my "been there done that" shirt. Feel free to PM if you need someone to talk to.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

traumajunkie
on 4/5/16 2:03 pm

I may just do that. I feel so guilty because I worked so hard to get where I am (or was). Thanks for your reply. Good to know that someone else has been through something similar. Would you say you recovered or are recovering after the birth of your baby?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 2:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

That makes two of us! But I had a couple of things that I said to reassure myself:

• I lost 140lb before surgery, I can ABSOLUTELY lose 40lb after having a baby.
  • If gaining weight is what it takes for my baby to be healthy, then that's OK; his health is the most important thing.

I'd say I'm pretty much recovered. It took about 6 weeks to feel back to sorta-normal, since I had an emergency episiotomy and a hard time breastfeeding. It too****il at least 3 months out before I was really able to do much exercise, mostly due to new-mom fatigue, but Nolan is now 5 months old and things feel pretty normal.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Oliviawashere
on 4/8/16 10:01 am

I'm there! I'm 30 weeks pregnant & still super hungry. Just found out I had gestational diabetes, so that kicked me right in the face to get back on track. I fell of the rails, started feeling super guilty with all my hard work, doing carbs galore. I've managed to only gain 6lbs since getting pregnant, and my OB is quite alright with that. Surprised its only been 6lbs, but ok with that! Kinda disappointed & feeling like a failure that I got GD, but I'm getting through it!

Most Active
Recent Topics