6 days post op VSG

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 12:03 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I was in your same shoes 2 weeks ago.  What I found was don't try too hard on the protein, if you can great if not then just let it be.  Drink water, flavored water, or just about anything you can to stay hydrated.  During my first 3 weeks I have had 2 bad dehydrations and that can really mess you up a few days, headaches, fatigue, potty issues, all kinds of things.  So first thing drink, second protein.

Some things that helped me because my chocolate or vanilla shakes that I'd been drinking made me want to vomit after, was to find savory ways.  For instance you can take your favor chicken broth and add unflavored power to it.  I hear unjury has a chicken soup protein.  I tried a vegetable soup one from Baratic Advantage and i didn't love it.  But I also found that warm things went over much better then cold.  

Just keep drinking everyone says 60oz or else, I did ok with 48oz, but when I started to fall apart was when I was 32oz back to back days and then I was in trouble.  Remember broths, teas, coffee, and warm counts too.  

*Oh I found a few drops of honey with a squirt of lemon in warm water was the bes****er to get my water in for days 5-7.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

pdxwoman
on 4/4/16 3:22 pm
VSG on 03/21/16

Hi

I had mine on 3/21 so I was in your shoes up until today when I got my first taste of "soft" foods..

I had liquid diet but mine included yogurt and creamy soups and water down cream of wheat.

I bought Jarrow Iso-Rich Soy Protein powder and used it alot to cut down on the taste on the protein drinks.

One of mine was 8c soy milk, 1 scoop of soy protein and 1 scoop isopure chocolate. It was not so yucky tasting. i used a nutribullet to mix it.

I also had Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt and again added in protein powder.

On soups, I was allowed creamy tomato soup, creamy mushroom and chicken - so I would add in soy milk and a scoop of protein powder.

I had no problem drinking water but it did have to be heated up to a low warm - my stomach did not like cold water at all!!

With some experimentation I have liked Premeir Protein in Chocolate and then there is this other one called Orgain and their vanilla and strawberry were good.

Warm hibiscus tea also helped too.

Good Luck.

Lauren010110
on 7/19/16 12:15 pm - Victorville, CA

I just tried Orgain and I love it!  I've only tried their chocolate and Vanilla flavors... but now I have to try their strawberry! Hoping they can get me back on track!

bcheckov
on 4/4/16 3:44 pm
VSG on 03/21/16 with

I had a lot of trouble with the protein shakes even during the pre-op diet. I started making them with 10 ounces of water and lots of crushed ice. The shakes were easier to drink. I tried this post-op, but there was just too much to consume. So I went back to 8 ounces of water and the crushed ice.

It is better but I am just not a fan of drinking these protein shakes. They don't taste great. I did add some peanut butter to the chocolate and it helped with the flavor but it was way too thick. Had to add more ice. The sugar free caramel flavoring was also tasty. These little changes helped to keep going with the chocolate shake. 

Most Active
Recent Topics