Looking for buddy-surgery May 9th

hopesndreams
on 4/4/16 6:45 am

This is my first post but I've been lurking since September. I'd love to find a buddy with similar stats to go through this journey with. A little about me:

Surgery date: May 9th 2016

Pre Op diest starts: April 18th (3 weeks of having to eat foods I purchase from my doctor)

Current weight: 324lbs and 5'9"

Surgeon: Dr Curry

I've been married 10 years and have one daughter who is almost 16. I've always had trouble sticking to "diets" and end up putting more weight on than I started with. I'm a picky eater and always had trouble trying new things but I'm working on changing that now. Some things I don't like to eat are seafood, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and yogurt. My biggest downfall are carbs. I have trouble getting water in on a daily basis. I have a gym membership that hasn't been used for a long time. I'm currently seeing a therapist to deal with my eating issues, depression, low self esteem and anxiety. 

I'm excited, scared and anxious for my surgery. I don't have any friends who've been through this and know I will need someone who can relate with what I'm going through. 

Hoping to make some friends. 

Beth

obioxiupa
on 4/4/16 9:31 am

Hi Beth nice to meet you!  I'm scheduled for April 25th.   I'm 41 years old, and 5'8 (used to be 5'9 - I lost an inch somewhere!) and 337 lbs.  I'd enjoy getting to know you more, send me a PM.

Tara

seabexlose
on 4/4/16 11:10 am
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Hi!  I'm 8 days away from my surgery and with a similar starting weight of 315 for my highest. I am on here reading the boards daily.  It has helped me a lot.

Most Active
Recent Topics