Endobariactics anyone?

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/16 2:07 pm

Was wondering if and has gone and how did it go ? Or for that matter anywhere else in Mexico

1. Weight loss /overall results. ( would love to hear from previous banded patients )
  2. safety, cleanliness and comfort
  3. The doctors personality and bedside manners?

I am thrilled about possibly going I am just missing some first-hand experience. Additionally, I reside in Pennsylvania where I called private insurance will not cover anything including the removal of band ... Despite A myriad of complications. 

Thamks ! 

Temhos42
on 4/3/16 2:22 pm
VSG on 03/24/16

I just came home from endobariatrics two weeks ago. Dr. Alveraz and his team is amazing. 

linison
on 4/4/16 6:19 am, edited 4/4/16 1:26 am
VSG on 10/13/14 with

I went to see Dr. A and his team in October 2014.  I wasn't banded previously, but I can't say enough awesome things about the experience.  My surgery sister was there for a band-to-sleeve revision.  

The hospital was older but very clean and the equipment was very modern.  Husband complained about HIS bed in my surgery room, but he hates sleeping in anything that is not his own bed. 

I had a great experience.  Rosie picks you up at the airport and again at the hotel the next morning to take you to the hospital.  Eagle Pass, TX (where the hotel is) is a teensy little border town, but it was a cute little town.  

I'm almost 18 months post-op and I'm down 195lbs from my highest weight, and 170lbs from my day-of-surgery weight.  My only regret is not doing it sooner. I'm figuring maintenance out right now.  Holding steady around 160lbs.  I'm 5'7" so I'm right at the top of the "normal BMI" range.  I'm happy and healthy here.

Dr. Alvarez is very personable and charismatic.  His surgical team is great and always made me feel like I was the most important patient in the place.  The nursing staff was also great, though not all of them speak English.  You can always find someone to translate though.  

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about Endo.  Before I had surgery I emailed Susan and she sent me contact info for several former patients in my area.  She might be able to do the same for you.

Sandra F.
on 4/4/16 6:19 am

I had my surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia of Tijuana Bariatrics in October 2014.  With regards to your questions:

1.  I am down 113 lbs or so.  I have not reached goal (need to lose another 15 lbs or so), but I admit that I am eating enough for maintenance and need to cut back to continue to lose.

2. Back when I had the surgery, he was doing surgeries at a different hospital.  From what I understand, the hospital he is using now is better though, newer.  But everything was extremely clean (cleaner than my local hospital), comfortable and safe.

3. I didn't really have a lot of interaction with Dr. Garcia himself, but did have interaction with his assistant, who is also a doctor.  He seemed very nice.

Whomever you choose, I would recommend having a doctor close to home for follow ups.  Good luck to you.

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/16 7:55 am

Sorry about the delay thank you for the responses! Very comprehensive replies answers all my questions. Thanks again :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics