Hello

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 11:01 am
VSG on 03/25/16

Just wanted to say hello. I will be popping in from time to time for support. I have been on OH for many years just on the band forum or private groups. I have recently revised to VSG so plan on coming here for awhile it helps to get more info on VSG. I revised for a few reasons. I was no longer able to get fills for my band to continue help me(my choice) I have been having problems with fills for about 4 years they put them in and have to take them out due to swelling, also insurance I did not have insurance that covered weight loss so when I changed jobs and finally got insurance that would cover weight loss I decided to revise. The insurance process is a whole different  topic. I have enjoyed reading the post and getting more info. It has really helped. I will be a regular for a while. So hello

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Newchapter
on 4/3/16 11:31 am
VSG on 03/23/16

From one newbie to another....Welcome. Congratulations on your revision, and good luck. I love this forum. I definitely do not know what I would do without it. Keep us posted. It's  nice to be able to share experiences with others that have closely related surgery dates, as well as get advice from WLS kings and queens. 

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 6:07 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/16 2:09 pm

I would look to hear how things are going for you as I could to soon be in your shoes! Very exciting stuff for starters how do you feel in comparison to having a band. How's the weight loss going.again congratulations to you very exciting stuff!

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 2:42 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

surgery was much easier than with the band, I was not ready for the sick feeling I am 10 days out and physically can not stomach 1 more protein shake. I hate sweet tasting foods all the time. Everything on the post op diet is sweet tasting overly sweet to me. I had to do two weeks post op of liquids and two weeks after of liquids.  I feel sick from lack of nutrition. 5 more days I start on soft foods,  things will get better then. I am down 20 pounds from the day I was released from the hospital. I am sure lot of it was water, can not wait to get all this behind  me. I will keep you posted 

Hislady
on 4/3/16 3:06 pm - Vancouver, WA

If you are on full liquids you should be able to puree and water down some soups, I used lentil alot because of the higher protein. It was so much better than the sweet junk!

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 6:10 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Thanks Karen, I have tried it a little. I sure was not prepared to feel like I had no energy at all. Times like this make me wish I liked sweet tasting drinks. I have added some soups, cottage cheese. It has helped a lot

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/16 2:53 pm

What a awesome post! I truly appreciate it. I completely understand where you're coming from I too can't stand the constant taste of sweetness much less artificial sweetness. Great to know soft foods around the corner! Looking forward!!! 

Hislady
on 4/3/16 3:13 pm - Vancouver, WA

Be nice to Cheyenne I've known her since our band days and she's good people! Show her how great her sleeve can be.

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 5:19 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Thanks Karen, you have always been a big support to all. 

Most Active
Recent Topics