I have a surg date 9 May

KarolElin
on 4/1/16 9:58 am

Feeling excited and a tiny bit scared of the unknown. Anyone have a link of how to do proper body measurements and before photo ideas?

crazer003
on 4/1/16 11:09 am

Congratulations on getting a date.  

KarolElin
on 4/2/16 9:21 am

Thank you. It is so nice to have support on this forum, I really appreciate it.

Kathy S.
on 4/1/16 2:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

KarolElin
on 4/2/16 9:22 am

Thank you for your support, means a lot to me.

crazer003
on 4/4/16 2:30 pm

I was told today i may have a date for surgery perhaps sometime in the next two weeks.  Feel like i have been waiting for a long time but not really.  Completed all of my tests and last result came in on Friday afternoon.  Have to go in to get weighed this week at the surgeons office and then they indicated they will submit to the insurance company.  Nurse indicated she expects a short approval time and then they will schedule me for surgery right after approval.  Looks like i will be right on your heals for surgery.  

KarolElin
on 4/15/16 1:23 pm

Congratulations. Hoping you will get good news soon. Maybe we can be surgery date buddies or something. I go in for my pre-op April 21. Hang in there, the wait is almost over. I began looking into this process four years ago, but I couldn't give up soda. Gave up soda a year ago, now I am ready.

crazer003
on 4/18/16 7:49 am

i received by date last week.  i will have my

i totally understand the soda and congratulate you on giving up the soda.  i drank much too much diet coke but i have little by little given up the vice!  i do think that is the root of eating sweets and the like.  not sure if i was not having bariatric surgery i would have ever been able to give it up for good.  it will be good to follow each other's path forward.  i am grateful to have the support of others who are waiting or have gone before me.  Good luck on Thursday, if it was anything like my visit it is a review of all my tests and picking up the pre-op diet and a discussion by the surgeon regarding whether or not i was ready for this monumental change in my life.  

KarolElin
on 5/2/16 8:04 am

Thanks. Yes the pre-op was just a lot of instructions and review of medications. Start my clear liquids today. Surgery next week. When is yours?

Most Active
Recent Topics