Should I go lower

Neonanrs
on 3/31/16 7:31 pm

Had my 6 month appt with my doctor.  Blood work was great but he said I don't need to lose anymore weight.  Right now I think I am at a size 2/4 in pants but I am 5'2 and my current weight is 140.  I was hoping to get to 125.  The doctor said that people with bmi's in the 25-30 range live longer.  I know I am not ready for maintenance and don't have the foggiest idea about how to do it.  

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

Karen H.
on 3/31/16 7:43 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

That is very interesting! I have never heard that people with BMI 25-30 live longer. I wonder why that is? Interesting! At your height I would at least go down to 130. I weigh 140 also but there is no way I could wear a size 2/4 pant!! I'm 5'4''. So funny how people are so different! :) I was also told not to lose any more when I was at 143. "My" goal though is to get down to 130 so I can have some wiggle room (5 lbs) to play with.  Best of luck to you!!

Neonanrs
on 3/31/16 8:14 pm

Thank you

luvmypuggies
on 3/31/16 7:47 pm

I can't comment on what the healthiest/best goal weight is for you, but I can tell you that lots and lots of people experience some regain so you should consider that in your calculations.  I REALLY wish I had kept going and dropped another 10 lbs before starting maintenance.  Now, two years out, it's super difficult to get my head and body back in the game and get back into serious weight loss mode now that a few pounds have snuck back on.  It's better if you can dip below your goal so you have a little allowance in case of regain.

Neonanrs
on 3/31/16 8:15 pm

Thank you, I will go lower

TerriLMac
on 3/31/16 9:09 pm

I had an appointment with my doctor this week as well and she also told me that I don't need to lose anymore weight.  I'm 5 1/2 months out and have lost about 84 pounds.  I'm 5'8" tall and my goal was about 165.  I weigh 185 now but I think that' still a bit too heavy.  I currently wear a size 12 and would like to stop at size 10.  I was never trying to get super skinny, I just thought I would look good at about 165.  She agreed for me to lose another 10 pounds, but she also told me that I would be healthier with a few extra pounds on me.  Interesting.  I'm going to go 10 more pounds and then make my final decision then.

Terri

frisco
on 3/31/16 9:57 pm

I'm a big fan of going lower.

I could have stopped at 175lbs. and my surgeon was fine with it if I was..... I asked him about going lower and he said go for it.

I worked with him on 5lbs. chunks and when I weighed in at 148lbs. he said your done, now hold that weight for a year.

The reason I'm a fan of going lower is that I feel MUCH better in every way at the lower weight and would not have known this unless I went lower.

Most 5'2'' women in my surgeons group range from 115-125lbs. the 5'5''-5'7'' women seem to be around 135lbs.

Maintenance is not a big change..... just a little more food or calories.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Neonanrs
on 4/1/16 3:48 am

ok, I will go lower.  It's just that I wore a size 4 pair of pants yesterday and they were really baggy in the legs stomach butt area.  So I know I can get into a size 2 now.  I never thought I would get to zero but I will shoot for it.  It's been super easy so far.

ttfan
on 4/1/16 2:56 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am pre surgery, I am 5'2" and my Dr. wants me at 137!  Seems like a very long way off, but I can do it I believe!

Neonanrs
on 4/1/16 3:50 am

It's not,  if you stick to protein and water, the weight will fall off quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics