4 Weeks Out Finished Liquid Diet

Gettingfit
on 3/30/16 9:07 pm

Hey Everyone I just Finished my 4 Weeks Liquid Diet and need Some ideas for my next stage of Puree. I have been told what I can eat by my doctor. I need to know how to make Chix salad and When they say Egg/ Chicken salad with non fat mayo , How do I make the chicken Puree or blend it  lol. Does Puree means Blended? Or I can cook it in broth and sma**** with fork? Please give me any Ideas of what to eat. Thanks

Bufflehead
on 3/31/16 3:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If they say to puree it, that means put the chicken (or hard boiled egg) in a food processor or blender with just enough nonfat mayo to make it a smooth consistency. It does not mean smash with a fork.

You can expand your menu by using tuna and salmon (the flavored packets of tuna and salmon worked well for me) and turkey. If you are allowed, you can also use lowfat ground beef, ground bison, etc.

I also would puree meats with sauces other than mayo (bland). Jus****ch the calorie and carb levels. I would puree turkey and curry sauce, or roast chicken with mozzarella sauce, then put them in a little tiny ramekin and heat them for 30 seconds or so in the microwave. You can also melt a little cheese on top if this is permitted under your plan.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/31/16 4:48 am

No fat mayo has so many other junk stuff like carbs and fillers that it is wrong..so wrong on so many levels. 

I use real mayo - no or very low carbs... Just enough to make the food taste better. I mix that with some mustard to limit calories.. Little goes a long way. 

Low fat - or fat free - in not good IMO... We need fat... Now low carbs - that is great ... Again...IMO.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kris R.
on 3/31/16 6:39 am - Walworth, NY

I agree on the mayo - but I add smashed cucumbers to mine.  it makes the tuna a little more moist so I need less mayo.  

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

heidikat72
on 3/31/16 8:19 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

you can also use plain greek yogurt instead of the mayo

High Weight at Consultation December 8, 2015 - 442lbs

VSG Surgery Weight June 17, 2016 - 364lbs

Neesie57
on 3/31/16 4:01 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

When I first started on pureed foods, I ate a lot of canned chicken, tuna and salmon.  I added the canned meat to the food processor, added the mayo and curry powder and whirled away.  The curry gave more flavor and I loved every bite of it.  If you don't like curry, you can use any other spice that makes you happy.  One can of meat lasted 2-3 meals, because I could eat so little at one time.  Make sure you measure what you eat to make sure you're not eating too much or too little.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Gettingfit
on 4/1/16 3:10 pm

Thank you for your Ideas, I hate this stage Liquid was much easier. I don't get hungry so forcing myself to eat these blended foods is just hard and unpleasant. I just tried puree cooked Vegetables couldn't even swallow. 

Most Active
Recent Topics