Pre-Op Recipe... Fail?

Darcy G.
on 3/29/16 12:14 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Sorry for delay in answering, had a drive-o-thon to the surgeon yesterday and then faceplanted into bed when I got home. Today's been a scramble to get stuff done too!

My pre-op diet is:

• One low carb, high protein shake for breakfast
  • Ditto for lunch
  • possibility of a third for a snack if desired
  • Dinner: one small lean piece of meat + a salad with a small amount of low cal/low carb dressing. Any of the following toppings are allowed on the salad: artichokes, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, eggplant, greens (collard, kale, turnip), mushrooms, onions, pea pods, peppers, radishes, salad greens, sauerkraut, spinach, summer squash, tomato, water chestnuts, watercress, zucchini.
  • All the broth and sugar-free jello I can stand.
  • LOTS OF WATER
  • Day before surgery: clear liquids all day (sf jello counts in that too, than goodness)

My salads have been kind of epic. I don't use lettuce, all mixed baby spring greens with some mushrooms, and some finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. And red wine vinaigrette I make at home. I do 1.5 the serving size of greens(because he didn't say a small salad!), then 100g of mushrooms, and about 50g of the broc/caul/cab concoction. So spend all day with a mad case of SALAD LUST. On the plus side? Not being able to eat the salad I've become accustomed to for a few months? It's probably good that I'm chowing through them now. Maybe I can make myself sick of them... though that seems hard considering I'm already sick of the jello and broth.

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Most Active
Recent Topics