Thinking about surgery and trying to get funding in new Zealand?

Chloerarity
on 3/27/16 3:12 am, edited 3/27/16 1:10 pm

Hi everyone chloe here I'm 28 years old from new Zealand and have been talking with my doctor about wls. my bmi is close to 50 and used to be over 50 but I have worked had to try get it down but sadly my weight is stuck again! Has anyone got any tips for me on trying to get this process started do i need to have underlying problems to qualify? Will I have less of a chance without health issues.... thanks 

Darcy G.
on 3/27/16 12:48 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Hi Chloe,

I really have no idea what your system is like there, but if there's somewhere(call, or see if the info is on any applicable website) you can check benefits, that'd be where I'd start. 

Here, you can get approved without co-morbidities if you're over 40(I think?) bmi, which it sounds like you are. So it's possible you have something similar. You really won't know until you see what your system allows.

Good luck! And congrats getting under 50bmi on your own first. I did the same and it's not easy!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Chloerarity
on 3/27/16 1:12 pm

Thank you i guess I'll go to the doctor again this week and see how I go! Yes it's so hard loosing weight i feel alot better for it but still a long way to go 

Most Active
Recent Topics