Pre-Op Diet: Apple Cider Vinegar

danabee13
on 3/24/16 3:16 am
VSG on 04/05/16

I have a question.  I'm on my 3rd day of pre-op diet.  My doctor put me on all liquids for the next 2 week.   I cheated the 1st 2 days (I ate dinner on both days, just nothing crazy).  After a good tongue lashing from a friend, I followed my diet on Day 3.  I use to add apple cider vinegar to my water to control blood pressure, but it's also known to detox the body.  Has any one use apple cider vinegar during their pre-op diet?  Thanks in advance. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/24/16 8:58 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm post op & I use apple cider vinegar, but I've only recently started using it for its health benefits. I haven't had labs yet to see if its making any difference. Just be careful with the amounts, its pretty acidic.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

danabee13
on 3/25/16 7:19 am
VSG on 04/05/16

I only do 1 tsp in 10oz of water with lemon in the morning. I'll just do it every other day. I've used it off and on when my pressure goes up.  I've never had problems before.  Just make sure to use a straw so the acid won't mess up you teeth.  Have a good day.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/24/16 9:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The notion of "detoxing" is total BS. And it CERTAINLY won't undo any cheating you've done on your pre-op diet.

Even if you're doing "nothing crazy," you're straying from your pre-op plan and running the risk of cancelling your surgery. If you "cheat" immediately post-op, even with something that seems sensible, you could very well cause life-threatening complications.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

danabee13
on 3/25/16 7:22 am
VSG on 04/05/16

I was scarred straight by my friend.  I'm not taking a chance again. It took me almost 2 years to come to this decision.  Thank for the advice.  Have a good day. 

Most Active
Recent Topics