Clear Liquids for 1 month! Help!!!

Darcy G.
on 3/24/16 2:32 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I haven't felt inclined to try them... Even though I personally am one of those 'THIS TASTES AWFUL, HERE TASTE IT' people... Same with smells. Unpleasant tactile experiences. Yep, I'm a sharer.

But I've been keeping that Crystal Light idea in my back pocket in case it was needed down the line. I do like the CL Fruit Punch.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/16 4:11 am

No proteins ? Highly unusual... It looks like a 4 week fasting diet... Ouch... Good luck.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

califsleevin
on 3/24/16 7:50 am - CA

Look into Isopure, which makes a clear protein drink in a variety of flavors, and it can be mixed into jello of similar flavors to add some variety. You need the protein if you are going that long on this diet.

Personally, I would find another surgeon before going through that as it is unnecessary (other than possibly the day before surgery) - any low carb style of diet will "shrink the liver" to the extent possible for those surgeons who need that help - and possibly damaging. I was chatting with one of the surgeons the other day and he mentioned that he doesn't do any pre-op diet (other than the day before clean out thing,) because he wants he patients as strong and healthy as possible when he works on them, and fasting for some weeks ahead of time doesn't do it.

Good luck,

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/24/16 11:22 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Welcome

My surgeon required four weeks preop diet due to my high BMI. I started the diet at six weeks prior to surgery because I was afraid that my liver wouldn't shrink enough and they would cancel surgery.

The food cravings won't go away, even after surgery. So many of us have unhealthy relationships with food - that's why we're fat.

I suggest you consider therapy or joining a support group to begin the process of addressing whatever issues you have with food. The sooner you do, the better off you'll be.

The preop diet isn't fun, but it's doable. All the weight you lose will put you closer to your goal. Commit now to changes that will serve you after surgery.

Foods you crave will ALWAYS be there. Give them a pass for now.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Berninger
on 3/24/16 6:32 pm - Lafayette, IN

What kind of pre op diet did you have to do? I'm curious as I am pretty heavy myself and could use the advice

CheriB7
on 3/25/16 9:34 am
VSG on 03/14/16

Hi, I had my sleeve surgery about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I was on a lear diet while I was in the hospital and the day that I came home on. The next day, I started a pureed diet that is to last two weeks. Since I could not stand the thought of pureeing any meat, I am having a soft boiled egg in the morning, a protein shake fro lunch and was having cottage cheese for dinner. Last night I had problems with the cottage cheese so will now have an egg for dinner too. After reading posts, I find it interesting that there are so many eating programs following surgery. After these two weeks, I will be back to having 2-4 ounces of protein at every meal plus getting in 64 ounces of liquid daily. In 3-4 weeks, I will be able to add 1/2 up vegetable to one of the meals and in another month, I can add 1/2 fruit daily to a meal. I will be seeing my Dr. next week and then have follow-ups and blood work done at 3, 6, 9 month and 1 year check ups. We also have to attend the regular educational sessions that they have which are nice since there are others there to share their journey. I also try and get in at least 20 minutes of walking everyday and have band exercises that they want us to do.  If you are having problems, I would consult with your doctor who might be able to give you some help. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics