pancreatitis and gallbladder removal post op

KansasPrincess
on 3/21/16 12:59 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

OUCH!!! this surgery hurt more than getting my sleeve did. i'm glad I got my sleeve I think its making recovery quicker. i'm 5 days post gall bladder removal surgery and back at work. thank goodness bc after being in the hospital for 5 days there was no more sick time available for me. I went to the e.r. with severe pain in my back that radiated all the way around to my stomach like the diaphragm area. I left work in an ambulance... scary!!! well needless to say I have 4 more incisions to let heal up and a ton of bruising. if you have the opportunity to have the gallbladder removed at the time of your WLS I would recommend it for sure !

happyteacher
on 3/21/16 1:24 pm

Oh my, five days is fast. Take it slow and easy!!!! Don't eat stuff at work that has fat in it- like at all! Try new foods at home on the weekend. It can lead to a very explosive experience in the bathroom, not to mention gassing out the entire work environment. Feel better!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

KansasPrincess
on 3/21/16 1:55 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

that's exactly what the surgeon told me. thank you for proving him right! so far no problems. sticking to what I know my tummy can tolerate before gallbladder removal! only thing driving me crazy is the belly button incision. the stupid glue they used to close it is coming off and its coming open. just keeping it covered and an eye on it

LosinginAZ
on 3/21/16 3:53 pm

I tried to get my surgeon to remove my gallbladder while he was in there, but he wouldn't :P 

Sorry you went through that, sounds scary! Take it easy and get lots of rest!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

CMR1075
on 3/21/16 9:16 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

I feel your pain. I had the same thing happen to me 5 years ago, spent 6 days in the hospital. I don't want to scare you but it took me about a month to fully recover. I'm not sure the shape your gall bladder was in, although it sounded bad, but mine was at the point of rupturing. My gall bladder wound up tipping and leaning on my bile duct and causing the inflammation of the pancreas. I wish you a speedy recovery!!

Big_John_Stud
on 3/25/16 7:39 am
VSG on 04/07/16

I had my gall bladder surgery 7 years ago. I'm getting sleeved on April 7, 2016. I've been worried about this surgery. Reading your post makes me feel a great deal better. Sorry you were in such pain. I've experienced that pain. Horrible stuff! 

Most Active
Recent Topics