Excess Skin

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/16 4:37 pm
VSG on 04/12/16

Thank you !

Laura in Texas
on 3/17/16 1:03 pm

If you are thinking losing weight without surgery will leave you with less loose skin, that is probably not the case. Whether or not you have it generally depends on genetics, age, amount of weight lost, etc. It really has nothing to do with the rate you lose it. From personal observation here and in real life, my guess is 80% of us have enough loose skin to warrant plastic surgery. I had a ton of loose skin and found a way to have plastic surgery. I fixed what bothered me the most and have made peace with the rest. I would still have had weight loss surgery even if I could never have had plastics.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
VSG on 04/12/16

Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/16 1:51 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

So there is a lovely gal I follow on tumblr and instagram her username is mandasmuffintop on both and she always makes youtube videos under the same username and she discusses excess skin and shows it. Another girl on youtube who shows and discusses her skin is kstar and she is teeny tiny compared to how she was before surgery. Yes skin can happen, but as others have said, I'd rather have saggy skin than be fat. My boyfriend knows that I may have excess skin and still wants to marry me and have babies some day and my family/friends will still love me no matter what so that is all that matters to me. If the skin is a problem in that you are getting rashes or infections between it and depending on your insurance coverage sometimes it can be a medically needed surgery and they will cover skin removal. Now that doesn't mean you're getting a boob job or a butt lift but they will remove hanging skin that interferes with your life. Also and I don't remember the name of it exactly, but there is a grant system in place for low income people or people whose insurance deny needed skin removal than you can try and apply for a grant to so the skin can be removed if that is an issue down the road. Don't let the worry of skin stop you from changing your life.

(deactivated member)
VSG on 04/12/16

Thanks I'll check them out ! :)

psren13
on 3/17/16 9:38 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Just remember this... Clothes can hide saggy skin but not hide fat.. My health is more important to me and has improved one thousand fold.  I just wish I had my VSG earlier and remembered to take pictures along my journey on a monthly basis.  

Most Active
Recent Topics