Cold Feet????

Newchapter
on 3/14/16 9:30 am
VSG on 03/23/16

You are so right. I should think back on the hoops I've crossed to get to this point. I absolutely love my surgeon.  If I didn't, I wouldn't have driven 2.5 hours one way just to see him. Day 3 was bad. Im not starving, like I've read for some, just on the days I work I do get a little woozy. Thank you so much for the encouragement. And good luck to you on your day. I so can't believe it's next week!!  

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/14/16 9:12 am - MI

I think we all felt the way you do. I know I got scared and thought I could lose weight again on my own and had second thoughts. I think its natural for people like us. Don't sweat it, take a deep breath! Its the best decision I ever made!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Newchapter
on 3/14/16 9:33 am
VSG on 03/23/16

At one point, I thought the same thing. Then I remembered if I could, it would have happened countless diets and personal trainers ago. thank you for sharing. It really helps knowing I'm not crazy for feeling this way. 

MaryPet
on 3/14/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 03/22/16

The first time I considered surgery, I thought I was ready and I went in and signed up, and I was going to private pay because the difference between that and insurance coverage was so little money and so many hoops to jump through. So the surgeon signed me up for surgery in three weeks, and they gave me the pre-op diet and the reality hit me, and I cancelled and never went back!  :-O  It took me three years to read and think and come to grips and finally decide that I could actually do this, so I'm with a different surgeon and scheduled for 3/22. I over-reacted. (obviously) I like the surgeon I found this time a lot better, but seriously, there was no need for me to run away like that. But you're not the only one to get cold feet! Best of luck to you! -- MaryPet

Newchapter
on 3/14/16 1:53 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

Oh geez. I'm so sorry for your struggle during this. There are many things in life, I allowed fear to stand in the way of. This....I can't. I'm scared to death and have second guessed everything, but I owe it to myself.   We both do. Good luck to you. 

hollykim
on 3/14/16 1:11 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 14, 2016 at 3:49 AM Pacific Time, Newchapter wrote:

After many years of wishing I could have surgery, and  a long process of ups and downs, I got the call on 3/4 that I was approved. My surgery is set for 3/23.  I went from complete shock, to an emotional mess caused from the relief of knowing I am being given a fresh start to a grueling life long struggle. I....was on cloud 9. Then I started the pre op diet and reality set in. MY SURGERY IS SET FOR 3/23!!!  I have done a complete turn around. A dream that I never thought possible is coming true, so why am I scared to death?  

"...I an being given a fresh start to a grueling,life long struggle."

' Nuff said.

Newchapter
on 3/14/16 1:44 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

Holy crap!!  I have read, and re read my post numerous times before submitting and I never really picked up on that. I seriously think I need to print out that one single phrase and post it everywhere.  Thank you soooo much for bringing that to my attention. 

hollykim
on 3/14/16 3:16 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 14, 2016 at 8:44 PM Pacific Time, Newchapter wrote:

Holy crap!!  I have read, and re read my post numerous times before submitting and I never really picked up on that. I seriously think I need to print out that one single phrase and post it everywhere.  Thank you soooo much for bringing that to my attention. 

my pleasure. 

My surgery was the single best thing I have ever done for myself in my whole life. 

Be scared, be nervous but be brave and ready to make wonderful changes in your health and your life!

Most Active
Recent Topics