What to bring?

Kathy2852
on 3/16/16 9:13 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Thanks. I hate wearing a bra, so any excuse to take it off works for me!

L. 68
on 3/14/16 7:03 pm

when i went in 10 years ago for the band i brought nice comfy pj's , a set of under garments my own coast soap and lotion ,  gasX ,  chapstick,  magazines.  Yes you dont have to bring much at all because hospital will have everything but i felt better with my smell good fabric softner clothing.  lolol  

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Kathy2852
on 3/15/16 3:37 am - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

I am the same way!

Kelea
on 3/16/16 8:55 pm
VSG on 02/16/16

Biotene was a life saver for me. You use it to rise or your mouth the first day. Makes you feel like you had a big glass of water. Especially since you can't drink or eat anything. I also had my sleep mask, made getting some sleep in the morning possible. Light drives me crazy when I want to sleep.

Hope these ideas help. Blessings

Kathy2852
on 3/17/16 12:22 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Can't you just rinse out your mouth and spit?  I hate those sprays!  What time do they actually do the leak test?  Is it quick or is it an entire upper GI?

emelar
on 3/17/16 12:43 pm - TX

Your doctor may not do a separate leak test.  Mine did it before they removed the lap instruments while I was still out.

As far as what to bring, I suggest as little as possible.  I wore a loose-fitting denim dress and flip-flops to the hospital, and that's what I wore home.  I was only there 24 hours.  Between recovery, sleeping, getting up to go to the bathroom, walking, and sleeping some more, I was discharged before I would have had a chance to do anything.

My throat was very sore.  The hospital provided a spray bottle of Chloraseptic.  Chapstick is a good idea, along with a hair brush.  Have a pillow in the car for the ride home so you can hold it against your stomach.  The hospital provides almost everything else - toothbrush, tooth paste, soap, lotion, etc.  If you're staying longer than a day, bring something to entertain yourself with, but you'll find yourself sleeping or walking most of the time.

Kathy2852
on 3/17/16 12:55 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/29/16

Thank you. I am going to start a new post to see if anyone else here uses my surgeon. 

Most Active
Recent Topics