White Chicken Chile recipe- Instant Pot/Pressure cooker- easy!!

happyteacher
on 3/13/16 1:54 pm

Just thought I would post a very easy recipe for the pressure cooker. It is not in the cookbook pdf that many of you requested. I ran it through MFP saying this made 8 servings, and it came up to 238 cals, 16 carb, 3 sugar, 23 protein, 3 fiber, 5 fiber. Super tasty, and crazy easy! You could lower the carb and cals by omitting the bean, but I am a fan so I keep it in. Without the bean, it would still make a nice chicken dish. 

1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies, undrained (smaller size- 15 ounces or so forgot to check)

1 can corn, undrained (I used a bag of frozen today, and added in 4 ounces water)

1 can black beans, draining optional (I didn't drain, stats reflect this, but you could cut some carb if you do I think)

1 pound boneless chicken breast, I did it from frozen

1 packet ranch seasoning

2 tsp cumin and 2 tsp chili powder, adjust to taste

8 ounces low fat cream cheese.

Everything but the cream cheese in the pot. 15 minutes high (*poultry button) and 15 minutes natural release. Take the chicken out, put the cubed cream cheese in. Stir a bit, and put the lid back on. Shred the chicken, and return to pot. Done! Lots of flavor. The serving size is generous and very likely too much for the typical smaller sleeved person. Nice and hearty, loaded with protein, and did I mention easy so that even this lazy butt of a cook here will make it! By the way, it seemed like there may not be enough fluid at first- but it came out great. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

NYMom222
on 3/13/16 2:10 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Sounds yummy and easy. Thanks

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

msecanales
on 3/13/16 4:36 pm

I don't have a pressure cooker.. Im guessing it can be done in a crock pot as well just longer cooking time...?

Age:31| Height 5', 5"| VSG on 10/26/15 | Starting Weight: 277 | Current Weight: 153| WL so far: 124 lb | Goal Weight: 155

happyteacher
on 3/13/16 4:45 pm

I would think so, but also a little more liquid as the pressure cooker does not cook it down at all. Not sure then if more liquid would need more spice and cream cheese?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

cc583
on 3/13/16 6:35 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Looks like a great recipe! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

bob-h
on 3/14/16 4:26 am - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

What did you figure was a serving size?

1 cup? 

Dont think I could do the black beans so might have to substitute with kidney beans.  Just something about the looks of black beans I can't get past. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

happyteacher
on 3/14/16 1:59 pm

It is a guesstimate. I eyeballed the total amount and went from there. The portion I ate was about 1 cup though, and for sure there was 8 servings of that. Possibly more- that is where the guessing came in. I would think any bean would be comparable- there is a red small version that would swap out pretty well.... but then again, I like them all so for sure go with what sounds good to you! I also didn't weigh the chicken, so that is another area of guessing a bit. If anything, I was over in weight and not under. 

bob-h
on 3/14/16 4:04 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Just got done eating this. I swapped out the black beans for red, used 1.5 pounds of frozen breast,used 2 10 ounce cans of stewed tomatoes and added 1 large diced onion.  EXCELKENT is all I can say. I measured out 8 cups. 

I ran everything thru my fitness pal and ended up at 239 calories and 24.6 grams of protein.

i have now used my insta-pot twice.   Lol. Thanks for the recipe. It encouraged me to go to the basement and bring it up from the pressure cooker storage.    Lol

happyteacher
on 3/14/16 5:22 pm

I am so glad you liked it! Try throwing in a small can of green chilies- adds a load of flavor! Thank you so much for being carefult with amounts and measuring- good to know my estimate wasn't too far off! I have really gotten lazy about weighing and measuring what I put in the recipe, and instead eyeball. Oddly though, I still measure how much of it I eat. Hence, if my ingreidents are way off it really doesn't measure how much calorically I eat of it. 

The hubby and I are eating it tonight for leftovers. Sheesh, we STILL have a lot left. Dinner tomorrow night is done, or at least a side. I ate about 2 cups, and he easily doubled that. Still think I might have 3-4 cups left. Mine very likely had more chicken then yours though. Even though it was only 4 breasts, it seemed like a lot. 

Was ribs your other attempt in the pot? If not, try that for sure. It might just change your life! Give the yogurt a try too if you eat yogurt frequently- it will save you a fortune and it is reaaaaallllly easy to do! 

There are lots of variations of just throw in a few frozen chickens breast type recipes. I can track down a few more if you are interested. I really think that after you make a few recipes, you will not want to be trudging down those basement stairs anymore and instead leave that bad boy on the counter for lots of use! 

But you used it! I am proud of you Bob- way to make a fast, easy, and awesome dinner there!

bob-h
on 3/15/16 12:26 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On March 15, 2016 at 12:22 AM Pacific Time, happyteacher wrote:

I am so glad you liked it! Try throwing in a small can of green chilies- adds a load of flavor! Thank you so much for being carefult with amounts and measuring- good to know my estimate wasn't too far off! I have really gotten lazy about weighing and measuring what I put in the recipe, and instead eyeball. Oddly though, I still measure how much of it I eat. Hence, if my ingreidents are way off it really doesn't measure how much calorically I eat of it. 

The hubby and I are eating it tonight for leftovers. Sheesh, we STILL have a lot left. Dinner tomorrow night is done, or at least a side. I ate about 2 cups, and he easily doubled that. Still think I might have 3-4 cups left. Mine very likely had more chicken then yours though. Even though it was only 4 breasts, it seemed like a lot. 

Was ribs your other attempt in the pot? If not, try that for sure. It might just change your life! Give the yogurt a try too if you eat yogurt frequently- it will save you a fortune and it is reaaaaallllly easy to do! 

There are lots of variations of just throw in a few frozen chickens breast type recipes. I can track down a few more if you are interested. I really think that after you make a few recipes, you will not want to be trudging down those basement stairs anymore and instead leave that bad boy on the counter for lots of use! 

But you used it! I am proud of you Bob- way to make a fast, easy, and awesome dinner there!

Yup the ribs are the 1st thing I did in it.. They turned out great even though I don't no if I used the right setting or not..

We do eat yogurt but by reading what you have to go thru to make it doesn't sound appealing to me at all.. Think I will stick to my Dannon light and fit..  lol..  If you got any more chicken recipes toss them this way.. I'm game to try anything once. 

The insta pot is once again in the basement. I have been told until it is a regular use I'm not allowed to take up space in the cupboards or on the counter. But don't worry, it has lots of company down there with all the other gadgets I have acquired over the years.. 

Thinking of that, it might be time to break out and bring up that showtime rotisserie     hahahha

Most Active
Recent Topics