9 Days After Surgery still on Liquid

Gettingfit
on 3/13/16 10:19 am

I am still Just doing liquid, How Long did you guys stayed on liquid Diet before moving on to purée? My doctor wants all his patients to do the liquid diet for 3 Weeks. I am tired of just Liquids It's going to be very hard to it for 2 more weeks. 

Surgury Date 03/04

Surgury weight 275

today's weight 252

Bufflehead
on 3/13/16 10:35 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I was on liquids for four weeks post-op. I was so grateful to move on to purees after four weeks I almost cried after the first tiny spoonful of refried beans. I didn't decide to substitute my judgment for my team's and graduate myself early though -- clearly they are more experienced and better judges of good, healthy eating habits than I am. Otherwise I wouldn't have been the one weighing 350+ lbs and needing bariatric surgery, and they wouldn't be the ones with tons of degrees and expertise in bariatric nutrition.

It can be tough to be on liquids for such a long time, but hang in there, you can do it. This is a great time to also get in the mental habit of following your surgeon's plan rather than doing what you want (or conducting an internet referendum about whether you should do what you want or follow your doctor's orders). Good luck!

Kelea
on 3/13/16 11:30 am
VSG on 02/16/16

My doctor's plan is clear days 1 + 2, liquid plus yogurt for days 3-21, pureed for days 22-35, solid from there out. I am on day 27.

It was a little difficult but I got creative with different types of soup. Tomato bisque, cream of chicken, beef  bone broth, my protein shakes, different types of yogurt. Well you get the idea. I just tried to mix it up as much as possible. It hasn't been too bad at all. Now I'm giving the pureed a swing. Some things have good well other too dry. It's a learning experience.

Have several notes to self already. My biggest challenge is not drinking after eating. Whew that's a tough one. 

Well good luck hope this offers up some encouragement.

Blessings

TeashaLorna
on 3/13/16 6:47 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I was on liquids for four weeks. Listen to your Drs they know best. Best outcomes without complications. Best weight loss etc etc. Take care. In two months from now this will only feel like it was a fleeting moment in time. 

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

LucyR
on 3/13/16 6:57 pm
VSG on 03/03/16

I know what you are going through.  My surgery date was 3/3 and I am still on liquids too.  My Dr said 2 weeks minimum so doing my best.  Bought some different flavor protein powders online as well as soups to keep me going.  Went to GNC today and got their Isopure drinks to get in 40 grams of protein with relative ease.  Got the Lemonade and mixed half of it with decaf green tea.  The other find, that I sniffed out on this site, is PB2.  It is a peanut butter powder that I mixed with my choc powder to mix it up.  Was really good and a nice change of pace.  Good luck!

cupofjavaVSG
on 3/14/16 4:53 pm

Seems like a long time! I haven't heard of anyone being on liquids for 3 weeks. I have surgery 3/29/16 and each phase is one week unless there is a complication.

FuturePinUp
on 3/15/16 7:17 am

I was lucky not to ever bee on liquids, except for my 2 week pre-op diet. I was put on soft, mushy foods starting Day 1. I can only imagine it would be difficult for more than 2 weeks! Did you have to do a pre-op liquid diet, as well?

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active
Recent Topics