Now doing my preoperative diet and I'm so darn hungry :( Help!!!!!!1

WalkinOnSunshineGirl

on 3/15/16 11:30 am

Hi...I'm 2 years 4 months out.  We had to do 2 full weeks of liquids before and 3 full weeks after...and then 'ease' into the different types of food at a 2 week period at a time.  It was almost 3 months after surgery before I was eating all foods.  I can remember my first food was a teaspoon of scrambled egg.....was THE best egg ever!  But it's best to try to do what you can NOW cause the temptation will only be stronger down the road. Cake & Pizza will be there tempting you no matter how many months or years out!  But the fasting DID GET easier after the 5th day for me.  Every one is different, but the more you stick to the liquids, the better it will be for you and especially your surgeons. There is a reason they require you to do liquids....and it's what makes it successful for everyone all around.  We could have sugar free jello....SF popcicles....broth...shakes...protein Hot coco..so try to mix things up a bit which will help with the boredom.  Keep all that garbage out of the house...even if you live with family.  Let them know this is extremely important to you and if they HAVE to eat the crap...they can go OUT of the house......they need to know how serious YOU are and how you want to change your life and health.  It is not easy to do, granted, but it IS doable and you'll be thankful you didn't cheat and stayed with the liquids in the long run.

WalkinOnSunshineGirl

on 3/15/16 11:34 am

Oh and I agree with Godiva....my surgeon threatened to cancel my surgery if I didn't lose enough weight prior to my WLS...and saying strictly to the liquids made is easier for them to get in there an operate.  I also got the pictures from my surgery and saw all my insides etc. and saw just how the fatty tissue can really make it extremely difficult for them to get in there and work..........and you'd be amazed at what a couple weeks of liquids can do for them to see the liver and do their best job!  I didn't want them to have ANY complications on my part.

PaulaToronto
on 3/16/16 3:50 pm - Toronto, Canada

My surgery was cancelled due to overbooking.  I waited the whole day ready in the hospital.  They rebooked and so I stayed on the liquid diet longer than the original two weeks.  My saviour was reduced salt chicken broth.  It tricked my mind into thinking I was eating chicken.  I drank several cups a day warmed in the microwave.  If you are already cheating on your plan you need to seriously consider whether you are mentally prepared for the surgery and what changes you will have to make to be successful. Your surgery will NOT stop you from eating pizza and cake only you can.  The surgery doesn't work on you head.

Please don't lie to your surgeon.  He will open you up and close you up in a minute and you will have undergone anaesthesia for nothing. Have you been doing anything to prepare/change your mindset and understand why you use food? 

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Lindseydean1992
on 3/17/16 5:44 pm

I finally bought some high protein zero carb shakes which I am consuming up to 5 total scoops thru out the day (adding up to 100 grams of protein) after payday. I am on my last week and more than ever I am set on cutting junk out of my diet, not for good but I will not binge of course. I have lost 10 lbs already from just dieting alone. Do you think that will be enough? I've heard of people only requiring one week and sometimes no diet at all and I don't understand that! Im also drinking tons of water. Does that aid in shrinking liver fat?

Most Active
Recent Topics