10 days till surgery

lost-in-motion
on 3/13/16 7:42 am
VSG on 03/22/16

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm not taking a whole lot but because were driving I need a little bit more than just what I will need at the hospital. I'm trying to pack light, but I'm not very good at it. I am so glad I'm not going alone, I am freaking out and he's coming with me, if I had to do it alone I probably wouldn't do it. Dr Ramos is my surgeon. I'm thinking of taking the scenic route on the way there we will see...

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 8:33 am

Oh go for the scenic route. Nothing wrong with getting a little vacation  feeling out of this. I completely enjoyed walking round Tijuana after my surgery. The town and the things I saw there are far more what I think of than the surgical experience. I used Dr Jesus Martin Lopez and was very happy with the care I received.

My husband is not well and could not travel with me but the care I got was incredible. I was never alone. I wanted this for both of us and our ins does not cover WLS so I took the bull by the horns and did it. You will be very glad you did too. Life is so much nicer not dragging around so much weight.

Good luck.

L. 68
on 3/13/16 2:18 pm

Hi Lost in Motion  you will be fine.  Is this a revision or first sleeve.  My friend went to Ramos Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico 8 years ago for her lapband.  She is still doing well only went to see him once.  she lives in California and at the time her insurance wouldn't pay for the band in the states because her BMI wasn't 40 and she didn't want it to get there so she was recommmended by some coworkers and she went to him she said it was the best experience ever.  the nurses called me when she awoke to let me know how she was doing and i got to speak to her..   Why are you self paying is it the same reason.  ??  i WOULD LOVE TO FOLLOW YOU WHEN YOU ARE DONE.  i WAS DENIED FROM  MY INSURANCE FIRST TIME (DUE TO MISSING INFORMATION ) SO DOCS OFFICE JUST RESUBMITTED LAST THURSDAY , SO I M WAITING FOR APPROVAL SOMETIME BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.  MY TENTATIVE DATE IS APRIL 5TH, BUT I ALREADY PUT A CALL IN TO DOCTOR RAMOS KELLY JUST IN CASE.  

yOU WILL DO WELL ... cONGRATULATIONS..!!

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Sandra F.
on 3/15/16 6:05 am

I had a different surgeon but did have my surgery done in Mexico and I remember nervous/excited feeling very well.  My emotions seemed to be all over the place before surgery too.  But it went well and I am down 113 lbs, so I don't regret it for one second.  I have heard a lot of good things about Dr. Ramos, so you are in good hands.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics