Robotic or Hands

JP807
on 3/11/16 7:07 pm
VSG on 04/21/16

Kind of confused....what is the general consensus? I told the Doc I want his hands,but after research or at least trying to do my due dilegence..I understand the robotic is more precise ??? Any thoughts for my nerves!

White Dove
on 3/11/16 11:23 pm - Warren, OH

The robotic hands are smaller, need smaller incisions, are steadier than human hands and are being guided by a human.  The robotic hand is simply a tool. 

You could shave your legs with a piece of broken glass and it will cut off the hair, but you can do a more precise job with a razor designed for the purpose.

What would calm my nerves is knowing that the doctor is experienced with the robot.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

frisco
on 3/12/16 6:40 am

I don't know if it is true today, but a couple of years ago when the technology was first mentioned with VSG as an option. My surgeon seemed to think it was more of a marketing tool to promote "robot" as to mean more better. He claimed the robot couldn't get in certain positions that he could with his hands on the tools to make his shape. Of course technology does move forward and it may not be true today.

Technique wise from what I have learned about the surgical procedure, is that there is a lot of '"touch and feel" "look, maneuver and adjust".

Sorry to confuse you more !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics