Today makes 1 week post surgery and...

Hopes_Goals
on 3/10/16 2:53 pm
VSG on 03/07/16

Yes they gave me an anti nausea med, but It's one pill every 6 hours... I have to break up the pill in powder form just so I can swallow it...  takes the edge off a bit, but not much.  I guess it's just a phase I'm gonna have to deal with.  I'm glad it went so well for you... Hopefully in a few days (or less haha) I'll be feeling better!  :)  Thanks.  Keep up the great work!!!!!

jmay86
on 3/10/16 3:06 pm
VSG on 03/03/16

Yea, it was weird... The nausea meds they gave me in the hospital (and sent me home with) was a dissolvable tablet to go under the tongue... I took it twice in the hospital and it instantly made me puke... Haven't had a nausea med since...

feel better!

tonya2741
on 3/11/16 10:27 am

My surgeon gave me a prescription for Phenergan suppositories for the nausea. Yes, suppositories. They worked! When he gave me the rx pre-op, I thought, "I'm NEVER going to use these. Why get them filled?" Well, by golly, I'm glad I did get them, because the nausea about 10 days out was horrific! (Mostly because I'm a big baby) I had to use one every 4 hours to alleviate the nausea, then moved to 5, then 6, until one day the nausea was gone. It lasted about two weeks total. Once the nausea passed, I've not had any since. Check with your doctor. You won't be sorry!

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

Hopes_Goals
on 3/11/16 10:37 am
VSG on 03/07/16

Thank you so much! Calling my doctor now.  At this point I'm ready to try anything ha ha 

tonya2741
on 3/11/16 10:41 am

Believe me, I UNDERSTAND! haha 

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

happytoloose
on 3/10/16 8:35 pm

Thats great. Hang on tight, cause now the ride begins.

I so remember the 2,3, even 4 lbs a day, exciting stuff!

THEN       nothing, for like 10 days or 2 weeks, nothing! frustrating stuff!

No straight lines on my path, more like stairsteps. The daily numbers fluctuate from 0 to 2 or 3.

But the averages are phenomenal.

For nearly 6 mo it was a pound a day. sweet!

lots of stalls, some longer than others, great losses followed stalls.

Still movin downward slowly, 2-3 lbs a week. then stop.

Dr. says Im close to the point where it will stop, then start maintenance, whatever that is.

Im still counting protien, average 80gm a day or so.

Eat what I Want, when I want, in moderation.

No Mt Dew, or any other bubbly liquid like: beer. Thats gotta be half the weightloss right there.

Rod

Most Active
Recent Topics