Not even 6 weeks post op-Gaining weight-WHY?

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/7/16 8:46 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm on the drink more water boat too.  Sounds crazy if your not into water but I have found a weird desire to keep drinking.  I think it's because my body said... ok I trust you keep putting this in here so I'm going to stop storing water like a camel.  So drink as much as you can.  I also agree with upping your protein some.  Hide the scale, it's making you sad and you should be working on this being a positive journey right now.  All these changes need to be working for you and paying off, right now you feel like they are not.  So hide it for a week or two and just work on finding clean lean protein, reducing any sweeteners you might have,  and stick to your bottle of water like it's the best thing in the world.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

ssflbelle
on 3/7/16 11:27 am - West Palm Beach, FL

Thank You all for the suggestions. I am trying my best to increase the protein and the water. However the pain after eating factor is kind of preventing me from eating more. The Surgeon is aware of this pain and keeps telling me it is my signal that I am full or ate to fast. I am and always have been a slow eater.  I do use MFP to track everything I am eating so I know what all my stats are. I also use it to track my bike rides. 

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

hollykim
on 3/7/16 1:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 7, 2016 at 1:20 AM Pacific Time, ssflbelle wrote:

Tuesday will be 6 weeks post op and I am GAINING! Please explain how this is possible and don't suggest that this is a stall. I was on a stall from 2/5 to 2/21 when I didn't even lose a pound. But at least I didn't gain. Now I am gaining. To give you some additional insight here are my statistics.

DAY                   Calories   Protein

Last Sunday          495           54

Monday                 638         84

Tuesday                491         56

Wednesday           472          60

Thursday              466           59

Friday                   457          55 

Saturday              411           43

From everything I have read on this board and another bariatric board everyone at this stage says they are getting in 60 to 80 grams of protein.  Well at 1 month out my surgeon (his office doesn't have a NUT) told me now that I had lost 20 pounds since surgery I need to cut back to 41 grams of protein and should not be drinking any more protein and only eating 3 times a day.  As you can see I didn't really do that. Is that why I am gaining? I can barely eat 1 1/2 to 2 oz of food at this stage yet I gained 6 pounds this month.  How is that possible?

you will possiblynever get enoug protein in by only eating three meals a day. That is ridiculous advice,IMHO.

i still at 6 yr out have to eat six small protein meals a day to get enough food to stay alive.

that is what I suggest and throw out all the advice the surgeon tells you. He doesn't know what he is talking about. He is just a cutter.

Martha_G
on 4/24/19 2:38 am
VSG on 03/19/19

So my surgery was the day before you and I have been eating regular food for 2 weeks now. I was told I don't have to eat the soft food stage. With that said....I am in the exact same boat as you. I dropped 20 lbs the first 2 weeks, the stalled for a week, then dropped 3lbs, then gained 4 back.....ugh! My one month follow up is today and I will discuss this with my team. I just wanted to let you know your not alone.

Most Active
Recent Topics