2 Weeks After Surgery

Cattiegurl2739
on 3/5/16 9:34 am
VSG on 02/22/16

I've had my surgery approximately 2 weeks ago. From what the people at the hospital told me, my stomach is tiny at this point. I've been drinking Premier Protein drinks in the morning on the all liquid diet. However I can comfortably drink about half the Premier Protein drink before I'm full. Is this normal? It seems like I shouldn't be able to drink that much at one time. I'm nervous about that. 

Renren
on 3/5/16 10:56 am
VSG on 12/02/15

You probably just have less swelling in your stomach than some people,that's a good thing. Just have the amount that you're supposed to and don't worry about it.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Donna L.
on 3/5/16 11:56 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've always had a "bigger" capacity since surgery - likely due to the reduced swelling someone else mentioned.  I just make sure to take extra time drinking, even 8-9 months out.  It's just all the more important to measure and not eat and drink to fullness for me.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics