Just out of surgery

Gettingfit
on 3/4/16 2:31 pm

Just got the sleeve and i have pain in stomach is it normal?

SilverGirl2015
on 3/4/16 3:27 pm

Probably!  Let your Dr or nurse know and they will give you meds for the pain. Also gas is a big issue following the surgery and can be painful. Again, check with your medical team.  Good luck! You've made a great decision to take this big step - you won't regret it!

beelitehobbies
on 3/4/16 7:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Certainly was for me.

Always tell the Doc or Nurse on all unusual conditions....Forever

good luck

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Neesie57
on 3/4/16 8:41 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

You just had major surgery!  Of course it's going to hurt.  Your doctor should have told you what to expect before you went into the operating room.  Take the pain meds and, before you know it, you'll be fully recovered.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Gettingfit
on 3/4/16 10:25 pm, edited 3/4/16 2:22 pm

I thought the pain would be from cuts but it was my stomach so I got afraid and I was High on Drugs they gave me. I feel much better now just worried about any leaks , they will check tomorrow. Thank you guys. 

getNfit4life
on 3/14/16 3:32 am

I hope everything turned out well for you. I am also having pain in my stomach mostly when I drink. Sometimes it wakes me up though. I just had my surgery on 3/8/16 so I am still on clear liquids. I have an appointment Wednesday with my surgeon, but I will call them today and let them know how I was over the weekend.  I am having trouble getting my fluids and protein drinks in because it hurts. Not sure if I am drinking too fast or what. I try to only take sips because I also worry about leaks. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics