Slowed weight loss at 4 m- ***updated diet info today***

L. 68
on 3/2/16 6:48 am

Hmmmmm  had to go over this again.  it seems like you are eating too little..   up the calories with more protein and veggies.  Seems like you stalled because your starving your body.  try upping the calories with protein and good carbs and see what happens.

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

chris_ruff
on 3/2/16 7:49 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

FYI, adding calories to lose weight is just an old wives tale. there's no truth to it. bottom line, the fewer calories we eat, the more we lose and vice versa. and it's also a dangerous proposition to add calories during the honeymoon phase. best to take full advantage of that miraculous time frame!

--Christina
hollykim
on 3/2/16 8:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 2, 2016 at 2:48 PM Pacific Time, Liposuction 68 wrote:

Hmmmmm  had to go over this again.  it seems like you are eating too little..   up the calories with more protein and veggies.  Seems like you stalled because your starving your body.  try upping the calories with protein and good carbs and see what happens.

the body won't starve as long as there is stored fat to burn.

LosinginAZ
on 3/2/16 12:32 pm

I have heard that here, but my nutritionist tells me otherwise. It is very confusing :(  

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

hollykim
on 3/2/16 5:38 pm, edited 3/2/16 9:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

On March 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM Pacific Time, LosinginAZ wrote:

I have heard that here, but my nutritionist tells me otherwise. It is very confusing :(  

it is basic anatomy and physiology. Our bodies store fat to use to burn for energy in a real time of famine. If you eat more calories than your body needs to keep you alive, then your body will store the excess calories as fat.

ppl who have anorexia are in starvation mode. They have not eaten enough in so. Long that their bodies have burned up all their stored fat and why they look like skeletons,because they are truly skeletons with skin draped over it. Ppl who are morbidly obese do not go into starvation mode,I don't care what any nut says. 

Pas a matter of fact,did you know that anyone can call them selves a nut and set up a nutrition practice,without any training t all?

FuturePinUp
on 3/2/16 6:44 pm

Not sure what state you're in, but in NY, any use of the titles "Certified Dietitian," "Certified Nutritionist" or "Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist" within the State requires certification. Certification requires you to meet specific accredited education, examination, and work experience. They're pretty in-depth (not just paying a fee for a certificate).

Though it may be possible its different elsewhere, I would also personally not go to someone who isn't cause, yeah...there's a reason licensing exists.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

hollykim
on 3/2/16 8:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 3, 2016 at 2:44 AM Pacific Time, FuturePinUp wrote:

Not sure what state you're in, but in NY, any use of the titles "Certified Dietitian," "Certified Nutritionist" or "Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist" within the State requires certification. Certification requires you to meet specific accredited education, examination, and work experience. They're pretty in-depth (not just paying a fee for a certificate).

Though it may be possible its different elsewhere, I would also personally not go to someone who isn't cause, yeah...there's a reason licensing exists.

"certified" is the operative word here. Ppl can say whatever they want....true or not

FuturePinUp
on 3/3/16 6:21 am

Absolutely they can, but thankfully - in many states - there are laws against that. Just like you can't go around calling yourself a Doctor or a Nurse if you have no medical credentials to back that up. And, truth be told, I don't know any legit surgeon or bariatric clinic that would work with a Nutritionist that didn't have the certs behind their title. 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Sandra F.
on 3/2/16 6:13 am

I stalled month 5-6 for about a month.  I found that changing the foods that I eat helped break it.  I'm not in any way suggesting increasing calories and carbs but just changing it up a bit. 

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/2/16 2:40 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I agree with this, eating the same thing everyday lets your body know what it's getting and what it's going to do with it.  There may be no science to the mix things up plan but all of my weight loss in the past has needed to include the mix it up a bit idea.  Trade the shake out for some eggs or something similar, maybe have your shake later in the day if you still want one.  My nut told me during my preop appointment to get off the shakes as soon as possible and start eating soft proteins when the doc game me the clear and then to dense proteins but to not crutch on the shakes.  For the calories vs protien in your particular shake there are a lot of real food options you could choose instead.

Also though, do not be terribly discouraged.  Sometimes you just need to mix it up a little.  Try joining an exercise group that's not walking as your getting a lot of that at work.  Maybe you like swimming or weights?   

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics