L. 68
on 3/1/16 8:50 am

What did they say?

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Darcy G.
on 3/1/16 9:38 am
VSG on 04/07/16

They asked me to fax the letter(their copy had not arrived) and said that my insurance(along with a few others) always deny the first time it's submitted. But that they want to handle the appeal process, that they have to do it all the time, and that she wants to send the records over again with clear labels so they can't miss them...

So, finger's crossed. I'm still cranky the  company is so predictable in this regard that it seems like a business practice. Feel like I'm in a John Grisham novel.

sheriberi29
on 3/1/16 9:01 am - Cleveland, TN

I'm sure she meant, keep your head up . She was trying to encourage you . 

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/16 2:35 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

You're right, that's not how I meant it. I meant move forward positively and with determination and you can reach your goals. But you can choose to read into it anything you want, I was not trying to stifle your emotions or tell you what you are allowed to feel anything. But now it's my turn to take something a certain way. I am taking your reply as very condescending, rude and hostile. I was trying to encourage you and support you in your journey and you turned it into some kind of pity party where you think I am trying to control your emotions. I won't comment on your posts in the future since I offended you so highly while trying to be supportive, sweet and encouraging. Have a nice day.

rosiedoates
on 3/3/16 3:45 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

I have been waiting to get through the enormous amount of daunting and overwhelming material necessary for approval too. I had a denial as well- it was due to missing information. I made the calls and all is now in place. A denial because of missing information is annoying and extra work but it is fixable. I also was depressed and at my wit's end- I am overwhelmed with taking care of my mother in her home with dementia and both urinary and fecal incontinence and trying my best not to put her into a nursing home- but my surgery was scheduled today at last. I don't want to share my medical decisions with anyone so my family is out of the loop but I suppose they will need to know during my recuperation. I don't feel the need to be particularly pleasant because my sisters are all driving me insane over the care of my mom- maybe I'm just channeling my irritation there instead of with the one step forward and 2 back that has seemed to be the way things work with waiting for the surgery. I started the process late September of 2015 and now I am finally about to get the thing done. In all honesty I used the time to enjoy the holidays and family weddings and the like because I don't want anyone talking about me (why aren't you eating! blah blah blah) because being overweight is hard enough with all the judgement everyday- it's as if all our decisions are up for discussion because we have allowed ourselves to get to a point where we need the surgery. Good luck to you- you are not alone in your feelings. Let us know how this turns out.

Most Active
Recent Topics