Could someone please tell me when this nausea stops?

animallover1247
on 2/29/16 10:16 am

I was sleeved on 2.15. For almost two weeks I had no problems with nausea and getting my protein/water in. On Friday 
I all of the sudden started having severe nausea. I am taking medication for it but it does not help 100%. I know it's common after surgery but for HOW long? I don't want to eat or drink anything. I'm still on a liquid diet. This is one of the side effects I did not want to have! Any tips on how to deal with it would be great as well. Thank you. 

tonya2741
on 2/29/16 11:04 am

Congratulations on your surgery. I'm excited for you!

I experienced the nausea about 10 days post-op. It was the most debilitating nausea I had ever experienced, and it was during this time that I regretted my surgery. Fortunately, my doctor knew that nausea was a typical side-effect of surgery, so he had prescribed Compazine suppositories. These saved my sanity, because NOTHING I ate or drank helped. Even not drinking or eating didn't work. Ask your doctor for something in a prescription strength to help you through this worst possible time. My nausea lasted for a good two weeks, then suddenly, it was over as quickly as it started. I'm now 3 months out and feeling the best I have in years. Good luck to you!

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

animallover1247
on 2/29/16 2:42 pm

Thanks. I am taking Zofran so it's good to know there's something else out there that may help me. Thanks a bunch for your reply tonys2741! 

Amy_Rod618
on 2/29/16 3:22 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

I had my surgery 2/8. Horrible nausea for the first 2 weeks then started to subside. I still get bouts here and there but overall it is much better. My doc gave me compazine. I'd the Zofran isn't working you could ask for something different.

Sandra F.
on 3/1/16 6:04 am

I was nauseous for most of the first month after surgery and learned later that it was caused by dehydration.  This may not be the cause of yours but try and sip, sip and sip some more to see.

bklyn718
on 3/1/16 9:57 pm

mine congress and goes. Thank goodness it has never been a issue for me. I prey that yours subsides.

Pianolover
on 3/2/16 8:07 am

the fact that you said you've been fine for two weeks and then all of a sudden you have SEVERE nausea is a red flag to me. i would think that it would be worse in the few days following surgery and subsides as the anesthesia works its way out of your system. Phenergan suppositories and dissolvable zofran worked for me when i was very early out. please call your surgeon to get advice. 

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

NYMom222
on 3/2/16 8:38 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I had nausea on and off for months. My savior was the white peppdrmint tic tacs. Chew one and let it dissolve in you mouth. Liked it better than the script ones.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

animallover1247
on 3/5/16 12:28 pm

I will be trying this...thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics