resleeved

tabrielle10
on 3/9/16 7:15 pm

Yes please help me!

tabrielle10
on 3/2/16 12:23 pm

Thank you thank you thank you so much for your input regarding my situation, I just got out of an abusive relationship since sept and I would binge eat. when I loss originally, I was 179 and plateaued right there, now Im 240. Im so frustrated. Im going to need some serious motivation and a personal cook. I dont know how to cook healthy. My son is going to have the surgery as he is prediabetic and I told him that the next trip to the market will be smoothies, juice, broth, sugar free pops and chicken broth and of course water for 10 days, then we are both having our colons detoxed and we are joining a gym together. He has to get that weight off and I do too. I really appreciate this moral support and trust me, Im all ears on anything I need to know to get back down in onederland. 

PaulaToronto
on 3/2/16 12:58 pm - Toronto, Canada

Stay away from smoothies and fruit juice - both are full of sugar - natural sugar from fruits and veg but pure sugar nevertheless and often added sugar if premade and not something you should be eating.  Vsg patients should not be drinking diet soda ever or any drinks with carbonation.  That can stretch the stomach.  The chicken broth is fine.  Is your son being put on a special diet to detox his liver? If this is just an over the counter detox drink I would forgo that unless ordered by the doctor.

If you want to do liquids, pick up a good quality protein powder or ready to drink protein shakes.  Choose whey isolate only and not a blend. Check to make sure the carb count is not more than 5 grams per drink and that there are no added sugars.  Mix the powder with water or almond milk, not regular milk or juice.

Go back and read the info you received from your surgeon.  You do not need to go back to a full liquid diet.  Fill your house with meat, cheese, fish, eggs, lower carb veg and lower carb fruit.  Start cooking from scratch and stay away from anything processed and of course fast food. Best wishes. You will feel so much better once you are back on track.  There are tons of low carb cookbooks out there. Go to the library and borrow a few.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

tabrielle10
on 3/9/16 7:12 pm

Thank you so much. I will take in all this good information,. Cant wait to get started.  wish me luck

FuturePinUp
on 3/10/16 10:00 am, edited 3/10/16 1:57 am

The points about NOT having juice or smoothies is totally spot on. Going back to a protein-forward diet is the fastest way to success. Very minimal carbs (from veggies only****il goal.

Though, carbonated drinks DO NOT stretch the sleeve. It is very hard to stretch out a pouch/sleeve more than it will naturally do over time.

Diet sodas/drinks should be avoided because of other physiological factors (stimulate insulin production, which sends your body into fat storage mode and leads to weight gain). Drinking seltzer or club soda? A-OK...basically anything without artificial sweeteners. (As long as it doesn't give you any icky side effects).

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

bytheriver
on 3/9/16 4:46 pm - Puerto Rico

get some protein shakes, like premier or GNC protein shakes, with at least 30 grams of protein. Learn and read your labels, you will learn a lot.

tabrielle10
on 3/9/16 7:13 pm

thank you

Most Active
Recent Topics