3/3/16 Surgery - Last minute questions

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/29/16 12:14 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

About the who should I tell:  I told people openly about my lap band and that went well for awhile and then I got super tired of explaining everything to everyone.  I work at a large company and am often in touch, walk by, or am in meetings with a lot of people.  I didn't expect people to want to know how much I'd lost, how exactly the procedure went, or some other random details about my eating or food choices.  It kinda became a hassle.  But people stop asking about a year afterwards so it's not like it last forever.

This time I've gone over with my direct manager and a few others approximately what I'm doing.  I've included a couple of work friends, direct reports, and a few managers in my department who will obviously miss me when I am out for two weeks.  But this is about all I told them "I'm having surgery on march 14th, I will be out of the office for at least one week with little email concordance.  The following week I will be working from home and you should be able to reach me barring any complications.  I am having my lap band removed and some revision work done in order to repair the issues left by the band."  Everyone at work has accepted that as the answer and that's all I plan on telling them.  With any hope I will begin loosing weight but that is easily answered by "having any stomach related surgery is sure to result in weight loss as I've had to maintain a special diet over the last month or two, once I saw some weight come off I decided to keep going".  

Now the above will work for people your not close to and do not typically eat with you.  You will have a harder time not explaining much to someone like a close friend or family member when your sitting in front of a salad you only ate the chicken off of.  My suggestion here is not to lie about what's going on such as "I just ate, or I'm not feeling well" this will only buy you some time.  It's best you figure out how much of your story you want to tell these types of people.  You can simply tell them your very concentrated on loosing weight and to expect this to be normal over the next year, that you did have an abdominal surgery X amount of time ago and since then your just not as hungry since then which is great because you've been loosing weight.  Try on what your willing to tell people, try to find a close friend that will respect your decision to not tell people and walk through what information your willing to give out and see how it feels.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics