I need help old timers!! 3.5 yrs post op

MissSmoove1
on 2/26/16 6:31 am
VSG on 08/13/12

Hello all, it's been awhile since I been on..... I'm having trouble with my sleeve! Quick view of what's going on, For about a month and half now I been experiencing pressure/ pain in my chest after I eat. I'm also throwing up a lot and I have really bad heartburn with constipation . Last Thursday I went to see my surgeon and explain what was going on, he set me up for an endoscopy and UGI X-ray but he thinks is nothing to to with my sleeve because I'm 3 1/2 yrs post op....... Yesterday I went for both test and my sleeve have a pouch at the top where the food is just sitting in the pouch and only a little moving through as well as the small amount of food that's  passing  through is not passing properly through my small intestines. I go back for a follow up with the surgeon next week I can't wait that long to know what's next.... Has anyone experience this problem??

Grim_Traveller
on 2/26/16 7:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It sounds like a stricture. They happen most often shortly after surgery, but can also occur years later.

It's fixable for sure, but can take multiple treatments. You'll be fine before you know it, but in the meantime, it's a pain. 

Feel better.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

diane S.
on 2/27/16 11:42 am

my husband had something like this. He had a hiatal hernia that had developed post sleeve plus his sleeve had stretched at the top. Surgeon repaired both. It helped a lot.  gl  diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics