Documentary: Fed Up

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

It's good you're weening yourself now honestly. I got off energy drinks (used to have two huge ones a day) and soda, and coffee before surgery, just from that I dropped 12lbs in like 10 days, still haven't had caffeine since. I did my best to cut sugar (though I did have a food funeral or two) at 4 weeks out on my modified diet (which was one solid meal a day and 4 protein shakes). When I went into the full liquid (4 to 5 shakes a day) two weeks before surgery I did have carb withdrawal for about the first 4-5 days which was pretty miserable.

I'll tell you post op it's not 100% easy all the time. You do have to want to succeed and you do have to push through some wicked head hunger, but once you push through and get about a month out you stop craving those things all the time.

Now if I go to a restaurant food smells are intense and overwhelming, I took my Mom out to lunch at Wendy's for her birthday because she loves their burgers. I got a salad and basically just ate the chicken on top, but the smell of burgers cooking, fries and chicken frying and all the other smells was honestly slightly nauseating. We sat as far from the kitchen in their lobby as well could and it helped. And I'll tell you before surgery that smell was comfort/excitement, especially since at one point I worked at Wendy's, and the smell of the local Mexican restaurant was also comfort/excitement.

I went in the Mexican place the other day with a girlfriend, because she is pregnant and craving chips and salsa all the time and I nearly vomited. I just had water because I had already eaten about 45 minutes before she texted me and asked me to go, but it felt like tha****er was only going to stay down so long. I ended up leaving earlier than I wanted to because I wanted to spend time with my friend, but I just told her I was having tummy issues and she understood.

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/26/16 2:17 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with
I do want this bad, I messed up with my band and eventually it's had enough issues its going to be revised. I remember carb withdraw and head hunger. I've been watching your post and others about what they ate that day. I've summed it up in eat whole real non processed food. What you guys have put is my plan. The doc has given me a very good amount of documentation on what and when to eat things. I've made plans with my husband to eat as close to non processed simple couple of ounce meals with as little sugar as possible for a year. No eating out, and trying to eat like I used to. I got into a lot of trouble that way with the band. I thought... But I'm eating so much less... Not really after awhile. So 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2-3oz chicken, protein shake, simple food here I come. After a year I'll have learned a lot about me and how good works for me. I'm not intrested in messing this up again. So I've had all my favorite things and told them goodbye for now I may see you in the future but not now, not now.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics