VSG scheduling

VsgLeigh
on 2/24/16 3:57 pm

Hello, my BCBS approved my VSG surgery however I am having the hardest time getting my surgeons office to schedule a surgery date. I've completed my 6 months with my primary dr, my psych evaluation, nutrition appointment, preoperative physical, blood work, ekg and egd. I've done Everything required but when I called to schedule a date she told me there's a waiting list of people ahead of me... and that she'd call me next week... has anyone else had difficulty scheduling through your surgeons office? Thanks

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/24/16 4:15 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I didn't have to call to schedule a date, the office did it for me.. did they say how far out it would be?  if there is a waiting list of people ahead of you .. I don't see what can be done about that. 

VsgLeigh
on 2/24/16 4:29 pm

I was just wondering if this is typical. My primary drs office didnt want to schedule my preoperative physical/blood work without a date because the results are only good for 30 days. When I went in for my preoperative physical /blood work my primary Dr was surprised that I didn't have a surgery date yet. I don't mind waiting my turn it just seems odd that there's a long list of people ahead of me waiting to schedule their sugerys. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/16 4:24 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Bummer deal, but stay the course because the more you are into the lifestyle changes before surgery the easier it will be to follow them post-op plus the more you lose before surgery the less you have to lose post surgery. I don't see why she couldn't look at the list right then and schedule you however many months out they were backed up. Not trying to be rude but it doesn't sound like the person getting paid to do scheduling at your surgeon's office is very competent or on top of her game. I knew on my first surgery consult day what the approximate date for surgery would be (12/23/15) and it actually ended up being a bit earlier than that because of a cancellation (12/17/15). But patience is also a virtue (that being said) one I don't posses so I understand wanting an answer now but try and be patient, there is only so much you can do and fretting about it only robs you of your happiness today. I wish you all the luck in the world.

White Dove
on 2/24/16 8:09 pm - Warren, OH

I was approved in July and scheduled for December.  There was a cancellation and I actually had surgery in October.  It depends on the surgeon's schedule and sounds like you will get a date next week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics