Do Not order!!! Total garbage!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/16 4:15 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

It's not that I don't this the cost is worth it I am just cheap lol. And because I am going through sizes and trying to keep myself clothed (using goodwill and Ross for cheap options) for work, I don't give a crap what I look like when I am off, and because of other financial issues (I have to move in May and need money for deposit, first and last months rent etc) money is tight. But I am definitely looking into Fitbits as an option and doing research as to what would work best for me. :)

Slownomad
on 2/24/16 4:22 pm

This is a good point and one thing I'm kind of concerned about with the Band.  I got a Medium and it's already at the smallest setting.  I'm just starting the process and don't even have my surgery date yet, just doing the 6 months  pre-op diet my insurance requires.  I'm worried it'll get to be too big for me much sooner than I would like.  I bought it new in box from a guy who'd bought it for his wife and then found it was too big for her.  So he bought a Fit*****arge and then sold the Band to me for $10 off the retail.  It seems like the Smalls are hard to find used.  And I can't believe I could be a small in anything right now.  LOL. 

White Dove
on 2/24/16 4:35 pm - Warren, OH

I bought 15 small replacement bands for $16 on Amazon from a company called I-Smile.  The quality is great and I change band colors to go with my outfits.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 2/24/16 3:47 pm - Warren, OH

Prices have come down a lot.  I purchased a Garmin Vivofit two years ago at $139.00.  Last week I bought the Vivofit 2 for $75.00

I went with Vivofit because you can use in the water and it also does not need to be recharged.  You change batteries about once a year like a watch. 

Most of my family and friends are Fitbit users.  I was hoping the one you picked would be good for you.  If you wear your tracker on your wrist like a watch it will only track when your arms are swinging.  So if you are pushing a cart at Costco it will not track your steps.  I will walk the store without a cart and look at items then go back and get a cart so my steps count the first time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/16 4:18 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I saw the Vivofit when searching. I like the look of it a lot and that it doesn't have to be charged, paying for watch batteries seems cheaper and more efficient because internal recharable batteries often lose luster after awhile and will not hold a charge. Also in the summer I am a hugely into swimming so the water proof-ness of it appealed to me.

Daelcare
on 2/24/16 5:19 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I agree with Kairk..you don't need a tracker, but if you do want one, Fitbit's are the best!  Have had several and they all worked well and were great motivators.  I also have an Apple Watch...not worth the investment as a tracker!  It is way less accurate than any of the other options!  If you have an iPhone, that's all you really need to track your steps.  I have found mine to be the most accurate (as long as I have it with me) of any of them...and as long as you're not eating back the calories, it won't matter if you don't have every step counted! Great job wanting to keep track of the steps...it is a great motivator!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/16 1:06 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I  never afford an Apple watch to use as a tracker, now if I wanted it as a smar****ch I might in the future maybe do it, but probably not. I love my iPhone but I still like non apple options for my other devices. I love my android tablet and windows computer for example. I know I don't need a tracker and I am definitely not eating back calories. But I really want one. I want to track how well I am sleeping as well as moving, to me it is a small investment that will make me happy and feel better about my fitness and help motivate me. I like numbers as marks of achievement, we use them at my work for metrics as a measure of success and they make me feel good about the job I am doing, I want that same principle to apply to my health and fitness. I think the iPhone (as much I love it) grossly overestimates steps and from what I have read others agree with me.

SweetLynn2001
on 2/25/16 9:37 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 08/02/16

I buy only Polar products and love them. I've never had a problem with any. I have had the polar FT4 watch with the chest strap to track my heart rate. I upgraded to the Polar Loop with bluetooth chest strap and recently bought the Polar A360 and I love it. It allows me to track everything and the heart rate monitor is built it. The devices cost more than what you paid but they are worth every penny. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/16 1:07 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I've heard good things about the Polar line of products, I can't find them locally in stores but if I decide to go with them as an option I will order online.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/25/16 11:52 am - MI

You can get the fitbit flex for $79.99 and sometimes cheaper. To me its worth every penny!! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Most Active
Recent Topics