Protein Vitamins

L. 68
on 2/20/16 9:44 pm

Is there any such thing as Protein Vitamins.  I have been reading on this post about the importance of vitamins. i am well aware of that i have been getting in my protein shakes 2/day (premier) and all my vitamins  biotin  b12  vitamin D/ calcium anti aging multi vitamins  My nutritionist said i  might be overdoing it i will know when my blood work results gets back should be back already but i have my PC appointment on Thursday ...  Tentative date for surgery still March 1 (if my doc sends out the correct complete information)  so i have been searching the web site regarding vitamins and protein and your water post op is the most important so that is why i am pre loading on the protein shake (premier) i love them and one container is 30 grams of protein.  my question is do they have protein pills or patches  if not you heard it hear first i think that would be a great invention since it is very important especially post op..  i already search the forum nothing comes up about my question.....thanks in advanced

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Darcy G.
on 2/20/16 10:43 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I didn't do a search of the forum or even the web, but I think it would be exceedingly unlikely that they could do a protein patch.

They do have protein gummies, which are kind of like protein pills? But they don't have vast amounts of protein in them, despite them having vast amounts of terrible taste :) At least the ones I tried were atrocious.

If you're worried about getting enough protein after your surgery, maybe consider getting some Unflavored protein(like Unjury) and putting in water with Crystal Light? Then you'll be getting protein even when you're just drinking between 'meals'.

Note: I haven't had surgery yet. I'm still at the waiting for approval from insurance stage. Good luck with your March 1! :)

White Dove
on 2/20/16 11:16 pm - Warren, OH

I did find a protein pill once.  They were about $30 for 100 and I would have needed 30 a day. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

rocky513
on 2/21/16 4:56 am - WI

I wouldn't load up on protein before surgery.  Your taste might change a lot and what you loved before surgery, you might hate after.  Get sample packs of different protein powders so you can try them out after surgery to find one you like.  That way you won't be stuck with a case of RTD protein or a tub of expensive powder that you won't use.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

rhudson
on 2/21/16 5:00 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

What I found very helpful getting extra protein in was an unflavored protein powder Genepro by Musclegen Research.  I added it to refried beans, creamed spinach, soups  and I know folks here have added it to their coffee.  You can compare pricing online for it.  It packs a lot of protein grams in just 1 tablespoon. Depending on my protein numbers I sometimes just used a teaspoon at a time.

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

L. 68
on 2/21/16 5:43 am

Thanks everyone for the help I'm generally a compulsive. Hypochondriac. Lol. My blood work this week might come out over the top my nutritionit said I might even over do it she used another term but I can't remember now lol. I think I will purchase the injury unflavored and the injury chicken noodle soup my cousin said wS delicious when she had her Rny 13 years ago. Ok thank u guys. ...

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

Grim_Traveller
on 2/21/16 6:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Genepro is a scam. They claim that it is "equivalent" to a high serving of protein because it is ultra absorbable, and other bull. There is just no way that they can pack that much protein into one tablespoon for so few calories. Blame the government for not regulating supplements closely.

People love Genepro because it mixes so easily. Well, it mixes easily because there is a lot less actual protein in it. Stick with a good quality 100% whey protein isolate.

Shortcuts never work.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics